Y&R September 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I’m not sure what you mean. The writing has been bad for pretty much all the characters. But it’s clear that they never actually have been really that interested in Devon (hence the years-long offscreen romance with Tatyana Ali) whereas they’ve had interest in the loser con-artist turned family man Cane.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A minor quibble given the much more pressing issues this show faces: this show has been quick to pull departing cast members from the opening credits, but none of the newcomers have been added. Not even Michael Mealor, who is frontburner and has been on the show for months. Hell, the show focused on Daniel Hall for a year, and he never got added (not that I’m complaining).

Meanwhile, recurring cast members like Jess Walton, Lauralee Bell, and Tracey Bregman will appear intermittently.

It’s just... weird. Is it that expensive to shoot new opening shots or is this an oversight? With Mal/Angelica wanting to reshape this show, you’d think they’d want their newbies like Mealor, Vilasuso, and Canela front and center. Unless they are planning to scrap the current intro entirely very soon...

• Members

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. If they can build entire new sets, they can update the opening with the new cast members. Unless again, they are planning to create a truncated opening like the other remaining soaps. (I think B&B runs its full magazine spread opening once or twice a week; DAYS has a short version of their traditional theme; GH has that blink-and-you-miss-it cityscape. Maybe Y&R will eventually do the same?)

Archived