Y&R April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

If I may add to your great post here.......Devon has been written like a COMPLETE MORON where she is concerned. I mean abjectly stupid. and he keeps forgiving her. now, and I noticed this in Thursday's show, Lily comes off like she honestly wants Devon and wants him as her man. like she wants to sleep with him. She's obsessed with him, and I don't know if it's because she hates Hillary so much, she wants him....or both. IMO, she can't stand Hillary because when she sees her she sees herself. it's just kinda...off putting. and you sure have it right....Sharon has been destroyed. she hasn't been the same after she burned down the mansion (in that God awful marriage to Victor). I read some years ago that SC has had the attitude that "just make sure the check clears". EB has said the same thing on Twitter. I'm enjoying the show, but it does need work in some areas.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are only two female characters on the show free and appropriate to be with Kyle. The show has had him interact with both of them within his first week. 

Remember last year's triangle with Hilary, Devon, and Mariah? Where Hilary was the villain who didn't deserve Devon and her life while Mariah was so saintly and deserving? That's your story. Except the role of Devon is now being played by Kyle. If I'm wrong, I'll be shocked. Simone is just around to keep Devon occupied and out of the way. 

I agree about Hilary having a baby. If she has one that lives then it'll be Devon's. But, this story may not include one that lives.

Don't get me started on Devon. He's a plot point. No POV. Why did he sleep with Hilary? He never said. That's the problem, he never says anything. We have no idea what he thinks or feels about anything until the show is ready to have him talking to hilary like [!@#$%^&*] and dump her. Then, magically, he gets a voice. 

I know folks hate to hear it but Sharon is in for a fall with nick. I'm convinced the show will keep KK/Mac. Who better to pair her with then nick?  

• Members

I do like Simone though. I'd like the character to stick around, even if that means she's a single lady (*wink*).  And if TPTB are desperate to pair her off with someone, hey, isn't Ravi single too?

Please register in order to view this content

I was glad that the show picked up that thread with the mystery lady in today's episode, I was wondering whether they were going to just leave it hanging but it was reassuring that Nick actually saw the back of her.

So who is she? 

Saw the preview for next week and Yikes at where the story ends up, lmao.

Although hilarious, the scenes with Nikki and Jill seemed totally out of place.  Shouldn't they both have evolved out of this?  Perhaps it would've gone over better with me if Jill were on more often.  I hope this isn't all we're going to see of her for the foreseeable future.  That would be a shame.

Can DAYS allow Susan Seaforth Hayes make an appearance?  I think there would be some great scenes between her and Marla Adams.  We know that there is enmity between Dina and Joanna, at least on Dina's side.  Is it time for Lauren's mom to make a visit?  I might give TEB something worthwhile to do.

• Members

SSH isn't on contract with Days, so she should be free to appear on Y&R.

It would be  a nice tribute to Beau Kayzer if Brock was killed off. Billy,Mac,Jill,Esther and Ashley all had connections to Brock and Nina and Murphy could return.It could just be a one episode thing and provide resolution to that character. Too many characters with connections just disappear and never get mentioned again.

• Members

Then again, MY would probably make Dina and Joanna have a battle to the death and have Traci, Ashley and Abby bury Joanna's body somewhere.

Maybe it's not such a great idea after all.

Brock should've had a dignified rest and so should Mary Williams but we got just a passing mention by Paul on his mother and Brock is still doing missionary work in some town somewhere.

Y&R is too busy trying to kill off viable characters to acknowledge the actors who have actually passed.

(I'm still irritated that Jill's mother was killed off, if the actress had actually passed that would be one thing but why rush things and it killed yet another part of Jill's history-- their longest running character.)

• Members

That could've been a good story of the anniversary episodes instead of that mess that had. It also would've been a good reason for the Brooks sisters to return as they grew up with Brock. 

They seriously need to just kill Brock off instead of never mentioning him again. I think it is an insult to the fans & to the late Beau Kayzer that they haven't addressed this issue.

• Members

According to Dina's rants, she couldn't stand her.  It's never been made clear (by any character) whether the feeling was mutual.  Several of Dina's rants (in and out of lucidity) suggest that Dina thought Joanna was a slut who used her feminine wiles to get what she wanted, most of all men.

Archived