Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Members

The highlight of the day was the Brooks/Jill/Billy/Esther.

Lori and Leslie referring to Jill as 'Jill FOSTER', Esther referring to Liz as her mother, Jill referring Liz to Billy as 'Your Grandma Liz'.  Also, Jill telling Billy about her and Stuart...something he apparently didn't know about.  Him telling her that she had no right to judge him having an affair with Jacks wife as she basically did the same thing. 

I love that the show acknowledged that Jill wasn't always a Fenmore LOL.  Most younger fans are probably blind-sided.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was really great! I was worried Jill wouldn’t have a run in with Those two but I was wrong! All that stuff with Jill being married to Stuart was probably not talked about in over 40 years..

man I hope this isn’t the only time Lorie and Leslie are returning!! :/

• Members

IDK why they have Abby treating the confession so seriously.  She knows her grammie ain't well.

I was underwhelmed by the show today.  Nothing really compelling about the Brooks sisters and I was hoping there would be more "story" there instead of endless chit chat about forgotten/re-written history.  

• Members

I had to laugh at Victoria trying to lie and say she never got demoted. That little bit of desperation was pretty funny.

Even if Jess wasn't playing Jill at the time, some flashbacks with Brenda or whomever interacting with the Brooks sisters still would've been nice. Has it ever been mentioned why this doesn't happen like ever? I know there's a few examples where a show has done it but clearly it's super rare, but for these anniversaries it would be a nice touch. I remember GH brought back the previous two Carly's for some scenes and flashbacks with Sonny a few years back and it was a nice touch.

• Members

Not to keep harping on this topic but as I was scrolling through Y&R's 45th Anniversary photos and saw the actor who played Zach, it really occurred to me that Y&R seems to have an awful lot of trouble writing strong male leads under 45 who are NOT homicidal maniacs.

Also, is there more to the domestic violence story than what we've seen?  Does this now become all about Victor?

• Members

Re: The Brooks sisters. When Jill was explaining to Billy about who they were etc...and he was asking questions, what struck me was that his aunt Chris is their sister and she is married to his Uncle Snapper. Would he not know ? 

Archived