Jump to content

Y&R March 2018 Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Members
19 hours ago, GMac said:

 

True.  But is that significant enough to explain his abusive behavior?  

 

Meh.  For such a drastic character change, not good enough.  Besides, he was already abusive before he heard of Raul's success.

 

I think it was @ajsp35801 or @DramatistDreamer that said JTs changed could be easily explained as PTSD from his time as a PI or policeman.  

 

 

 

 

That was one theory proposed. 

 

 

So Kyle is the show's new answer to the Adam dilemma. Too bad he has almost no reason to hate jack. It was victor who abused his mother and Nikki who murdered her.  But he hates Jack and is scheming with victor?...because of Jack's love for Phyllis. This seems a history rewrite  to give Phyllis/Billy story. 

 

I think Micheal Mealer is good. He looks boyish but Kyle is supposed to be young. Not sure I buy the visual of his youth getting the upper hand on jack though. The show needs a new schemer so I'll go with it for now. 

 

JT standing around at the hospital like he's done nothing. He didn't even seem to have fear of victor waking up. 

 

Devon and Hilary still got loads of chemistry but their story, per usual, is weak. 

Edited by ajsp35801
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
2 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

One of the SOD articles say that one of the visiting characters is sticking around.

I saw something where Eric Braeden said Julia's return is part of his story, but I don't know if that's actually just referring to her brief appearance today.

I'm finding it very odd and annoying that they showed no flashbacks during Julia's appearance. Not one. She, Nikki and Ashley literally all referenced the 1984 wedding, but they couldn't bother showing any clip? Sony or CBS won't let anything get uploaded without a hassle, so why are they not at least using their archives?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, Dax7000 said:

I saw something where Eric Braeden said Julia's return is part of his story, but I don't know if that's actually just referring to her brief appearance today.

I'm finding it very odd and annoying that they showed no flashbacks during Julia's appearance. Not one. She, Nikki and Ashley literally all referenced the 1984 wedding, but they couldn't bother showing any clip? Sony or CBS won't let anything get uploaded without a hassle, so why are they not at least using their archives?

It's like Mal is ACTIVELY not using flashbacks for this anniversary on purpose. It's like blowing my mind, I don't get it at all. TWO SECONDS on the previously on is NOT ENOUGH. It's seriously killing this anniversary for me. It's a soap opera. Everyone loves a classic flashback.

 

God they're making the Newmans as unlikeable as possible right now.

 

I never cared about Kyle before, but now I actually don't like him. He could've stayed gone.

 

Devon and Hilary continue to sizzle in the way that only they can, but I still don't like their relationship because it's so damn bipolar. I really want Cane and Lily to fall off a cliff. Maybe the same one Dru fell off.

 

Ewww a Tessa appearance.

Edited by Antoyne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

 

I think Micheal Mealer is good. He looks boyish but Kyle is supposed to be young. Not sure I buy the visual of his youth getting the upper hand on jack though. The show needs a new schemer so I'll go with it for now...

 

 

 

Devon and Hilary still got loads of chemistry but their story, per usual, is weak. 

 

I agree that Kyle does look youthful and boyish, and I think he is doing a solid job. so far. 

 

Also, I wonder where they are going with this Devon/Hilary storyline. Lily and Cane today were continuing to do lightweight, immature things in their quest to stop Devon and Hilary's plan. Though I'm not surprised by that type of behavior from Lily,  and I could see her not getting her hands too dirty in this storyline.

 

I do wonder what ends up happening in this storyline  and if something really does get in the way of Devon/Hilary getting pregnant. I wonder if they end up struggling to get pregnant after they start trying? The way Hilary has mentioned that she thinks she will get pregnant right away makes me think she won't. I wonder what type of obstacles, they might face besides Cane and Lily trying to interfere in lightweight, immature ways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

It's really odd they didn't have a single scene of JT looking nervous at all. Are we to believe he's just that confident that Victor isn't going to make it? Thad completely played today's scenes like his character wasn't involved in all which I guess I get if you're trying to cover your tracks, but at least one uneasy look would've gone a long way.

 

As I said before, I really hope this Devon/Hilary story leads to Devon decking Cane.

Edited by Antoyne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@Antoyne - Nah, I'd rather see Hilary decking Cane, which leads to a hot 'love' scene, resulting in a baby. Everyone gets what they deserve. I really don't get why they put Lame back together only to make them even more loathsome (if that's possible). It was a bad move across the board to reunite.  

 

I only saw Tuesday and I do like the Abby/Dina angle - MO and MA work really well together. I still think this Jack paternity thing is a mistake, unless it leads to all the Abbott kids being tested and they all end up as John's kids. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

@Antoyne - Nah, I'd rather see Hilary decking Cane, which leads to a hot 'love' scene, resulting in a baby. Everyone gets what they deserve. I really don't get why they put Lame back together only to make them even more loathsome (if that's possible). It was a bad move across the board to reunite.  

 

I only saw Tuesday and I do like the Abby/Dina angle - MO and MA work really well together. I still think this Jack paternity thing is a mistake, unless it leads to all the Abbott kids being tested and they all end up as John's kids. 

 

Hilary doesn't deserve a baby by Cane. That's a death sentence. I'd rather it be Kyle, Devon, nick, jack, victor, anyone connected to a core family. I want Hilary to have anchor baby...not just a baby. 

36 minutes ago, xtr said:

 

I agree that Kyle does look youthful and boyish, and I think he is doing a solid job. so far. 

 

Also, I wonder where they are going with this Devon/Hilary storyline. Lily and Cane today were continuing to do lightweight, immature things in their quest to stop Devon and Hilary's plan. Though I'm not surprised by that type of behavior from Lily,  and I could see her not getting her hands too dirty in this storyline.

 

I do wonder what ends up happening in this storyline  and if something really does get in the way of Devon/Hilary getting pregnant. I wonder if they end up struggling to get pregnant after they start trying? The way Hilary has mentioned that she thinks she will get pregnant right away makes me think she won't. I wonder what type of obstacles, they might face besides Cane and Lily trying to interfere in lightweight, immature ways.

 

The story seems more about Devon and Hilary's feelings resurfacing and them being pulled back together in a quest for a baby while Devon's family conspires to prevent them being together versus them actually having a baby. It feels like a reunion story.  So I predict a pregnancy and a miscarriage caused by one of the Winters family on this first pregnancy. And I do think it'll happen quickly. Simply because the baby is a McGuffin and  isn't truly the story.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
31 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

It's really odd they didn't have a single scene of JT looking nervous at all. Are we to believe he's just that confident that Victor isn't going to make it? Thad completely played today's scenes like his character wasn't involved in all which I guess I get if you're trying to cover your tracks, but at least one uneasy look would've gone a long way.

 

As I said before, I really hope this Devon/Hilary story leads to Devon decking Cane.

 

I think he thinks there is a strong chance Victor won't make it and JT  is gambling on that. I had also wondered if maybe JT was going to offer to help Paul "investigate" Victor's case so that he would have a better opportunity to cover his tracks. But that looks like that is out (at least for now) with Paul already arresting Jack due to him taking the equipment from Victor's house. Jack choosing to be sneaky at the wrong moment, has come back to bite him and is benefiting JT right now.

 

Maybe also JT might flat out lie if Victor wakes up and says he's the one that hurt him. Or even try and claim self defense. He may have been better off trying to claim self defense from the get go and not leaving Victor after they got into their fight.

 

He could have used him investigating Victor as a motive for Victor attacking him. He might have still lost Victoria if he did that, but probably wouldn't have fared as badly as he might fare when people find out he left Victor in bad condition.

Edited by xtr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
35 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

It's really odd they didn't have a single scene of JT looking nervous at all. Are we to believe he's just that confident that Victor isn't going to make it? Thad completely played today's scenes like his character wasn't involved in all which I guess I get if you're trying to cover your tracks, but at least one uneasy look would've gone a long way.

 

As I said before, I really hope this Devon/Hilary story leads to Devon decking Cane.

 

Agree about JT. It was like Thad and the director forgot his character was responsible. Is JT a sociopath now? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
23 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

 

 

The story seems more about Devon and Hilary's feelings resurfacing and them being pulled back together in a quest for a baby while Devon's family conspires to prevent them being together versus them actually having a baby. It feels like a reunion story.  So I predict a pregnancy and a miscarriage caused by one of the Winters family on this first pregnancy. And I do think it'll happen quickly. Simply because the baby is a McGuffin and  isn't truly the story.  

 

I could definitely see a situation happening where Hilary gets pregnant, Cane/Lily continue to agitate her and she suffers a miscarriage after arguing with one of them. I could see her having a moment where she's arguing with Lily over the pregnancy,  then Hilary feeling like something's wrong and Lily not believing her or getting her help. And Hilary miscarries and is very resentful towards Lily.

 

I think that might the worst thing that Lily (and/or Cane) might end up doing in this storyline. I don't think we are going to see them go to really extreme lengths like we've in seen other storylines on soaps. (Like people stealing samples, causing blackouts to fertility clinics etc...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
22 minutes ago, xtr said:

 

I could definitely see a situation happening where Hilary gets pregnant, Cane/Lily continue to agitate her and she suffers a miscarriage after arguing with one of them. I could see her having a moment where she's arguing with Lily over the pregnancy,  then Hilary feeling like something's wrong and Lily not believing her or getting her help. And Hilary miscarries and is very resentful towards Lily.

 

I think that might the worst thing that Lily (and/or Cane) might end up doing in this storyline. I don't think we are going to see them go to really extreme lengths like we've in seen other storylines on soaps. (Like people stealing samples, causing blackouts to fertility clinics etc...)

 

Unless Devon has a low sperm count where a clinic is needed, I can't see samples being switched. This feels more like Devon and Hilary sleeping together now to make a baby but continuing long after the need to do so had been satisfied. 

 

I think your predictions about a miscarriage with lily thinking she's faking is spot on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@ajsp35801 My comment about Hilary/Cane was more of a joke. I'd love to see Hilary have a true anchor baby - since the Abbott name is going to disappear, Devon is the non-existent Chancellor (even though he has the $$$), no male with Fenmore name - that leaves a Newman - and Noah would've been perfect!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy