Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He should know.

I find that pathetic that the writer's didn't catch that. Billy should know who the Brooks sisters seeing as not only Chris is his aunt, but weren't the Brooks close to the Abbotts? 

I feel like the writing during an anniversary week should being tight. A line like that shouldn't've slipped through when there are a plethora of Y&R fanatics would catch that. This was to week to refresh yourself (as a writer) with the show's history. No damn excuses. Especially, when there are a plethora of soap books that are accessible. Pretty sure the writers have access to old Y&R episodes. Fans have synopsis posted all online, and there are forums they can post on w/o exposing themselves. 

• Members

Technically speaking, isn't Lorie Brooks related to Jill since Lorie's bio dad is Liz Foster's brother? Sheesh I hate how the show played fast and loose with Jill's family history to destroy her rich family history in favor make her a "Fenmore". 

• Members

OMG.......you are totally right. I forgot about Liz's brother Bruce Henderson being Lorie's biological father. He had an affair with Jennifer Brooks. She was going to rekindle that romance in 1975 when she discovered the lump in her breast and had to have a mastectomy. Lorie fell in love with his son Mark and it was later revealed he was her half brother. It nearly destroyed her. 

• Members

Yep.

At this point, it probably does no good to retcon Jill's paternity yet again, but I still think revealing that she's really Bill Foster's love child by another woman would be a good idea.  True, Liz Foster still wouldn't be her bio mom.  However, it WOULD make Jill a Foster by blood again, and to me, that's more important.

• Members

Didn't I read somewhere that Lorie literally begged Mark not to end their relationship on account of their finding out they were half-siblings?  If that's true, then it had to be gut-wrenching to watch.

And it could have STAYED a secret AFAIC.  With papa John dead and gone, bringing it out in public served no purpose whatsoever.

• Members

Jill paternity switch was the dumbiest thing Y&R has ever done. She will always be a Foster to me.

Watching Y&R right now and Wow when did they add Laura Lee Bell to the opening credits? She isn't even on contract but of course neither is Tracy Breggman.

• Members

I liked the entire episode, including the Brooks sisters’ return. 

Some missed characterizarion, such as what Billy didn’t know? Eh. That’s minor to me. Yeah, the purists are screaming, but I’m happier that we got Jill in a scene with Billy discussing it all.

A LOT of the cast appeared in this episode, which was really cool, and for only a short scene or two (Sharon, Faith, Arturo, Christine, etc.) Just felt like good stuff with a lot going on.

• Members

I noticed that too. They should have given Janice more lines. I guess since Lorie was always the trouble maker, they decided to go with that. Lorie was also the one who walked in on Jill doing the tracheotomy on Stu and and an argument ensued. There was an audio clip of it at one time on youtube. I think I read that Lorie was also the first one to discover Jill and Phillips affair when she spotted them in a restaurant. She went out to the Chancellor estate to visit Brock and was doing things to make the situation tense while Jill and Phillip were sweating bullets. 

They could have had Jill be extra nasty and made a reference to Leslie's past of being mentally unstable due to her sisters book or how Leslie got pregnant by Lorie's husband Lance and hid the fact by marrying his brother Lucas. 

• Members

Seeing the Brooks was golden. And I think they are still appearing more this week. Billy telling Jill that he was her was hilarious. I was hoping we'd get more of the Brooks instead of Victor's story that's how great it was to see them after all these years.

The episode felt like a classic one with a lot of vets on today's show whether the real actor in the role or a recast.

Archived