Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Members

She really is. Every scene with her is gold.

i’m immensely enjoying the cast returns this week. Don’t care if they contribute heavily to story or not. This stuff is great, and a throwback to soaps from decades past. 

Every show has problems, from daytime to nighttime, but I’ll never understand calling Y&R a mess. That’s just untrue. 

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought that Traci's speech about Colleen, living life to the fullest, and appreciating memories was really poignant. Beth Maitland did a really good job in those scenes. I wish that Traci would have gotten to talk with JT more.

Also, I wonder if Cane/Lily are going to catch Hilary in some type of compromising position and use that to try and convince Devon not to have a baby with her.

I wonder if something might happen between Hilary and Kyle. After Cane and Lily talked about getting Devon to see sense, the camera panned to Kyle. Granted that could have just been the show cutting from one scene to the next, but maybe it was foreshadowing. And I thought that Kyle was standing kind of cozy with Hilary when she was interviewing him.

• Members

I will say it started with Sally but Mal has done a great job continuing to make Traci finally feel like a regular part of the Abbott family now. The family just feels whole to me now and I didn't even grow up watching Traci. There's just something about the chemistry between that family. They're outnumbered by the Newmans but are infinitely more interesting to me. The only Newman I really care about is Nikki.

GT may not have been playing Phyllis for the history between Christine but I loved the brief scene between the two.

Can this be the last Kyle recast. I mean jesus, this is the 4th Kyle in what a 5 year period? Or is it 5th?

The lack of flashbacks is killing the anniversary for me. It's not enough to just have them on the Previously On... ugh

• Members

Yes Nate returned for like two episodes. Also, don’t get me wrong I do find the show watchable. It has moments which is what I expected from Mal, but I don’t think it’s particularly good or makes much sense overall. I think DAYS, GH and Y&R are all watchable but none are at their full potential by a long shot. 

• Members

Yes!  Completely agree.

I agree.  Why wouldn't he?  As far as first impressions, I like the new Kyle.  He and MiM def passed the chem test.

JT is fascinating to me and the dialogue has a lot to do with it.

I wanted to hear more from Mac about how he's changed.  She said a couple times that he isn't the same guy he used to be.  Why?  Spill it, girl.

Archived