Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True.  But is that significant enough to explain his abusive behavior?  

Meh.  For such a drastic character change, not good enough.  Besides, he was already abusive before he heard of Raul's success.

I think it was @ajsp35801 or @DramatistDreamer that said JTs changed could be easily explained as PTSD from his time as a PI or policeman.  

• Members

If that's the reason, it doesn't follow the timeline of the story.  We saw a confident JT move in with Victoria (in record time ).  He wasn't insecure then.  But apparently he'd already been abusive to Mac, hence his reappearance in GC.

And he's already been giving Vic [!@#$%^&*], way before he knew how successful his peers had become.

I can totally see insecurity as why a guy like JT would turn abusive, but that hasn't been the story until this past week.  What other significant occurrence in his life would have done that?  That's my point.

• Members

I think that Jack could end up being okay with Hilary/Kyle being paired together. Especially if she helped the two men improve their relationship with each other

I wonder if the grief JT's has dealt with after Colleen's death will somehow play a role in this storyline. He mentioned today to Traci that he did some things that he's not sure Colleen would approve of. And he said he did something for her but messed it up.  I think he meant hurting Victor. He did tell Victor he blamed him for Colleen's death before they got into their fight. Maybe the grief he has dealt with after Colleen's death may play a role in his behavior.

• Members

Wasn't me.

I was the one who said there was too much going on off-screen, leaving viewers to guess about character trajectories.  I used Nick and Arturo's so-called blossoming friendship that viewers never saw develop as one example of this retroactive shifting.

J.T.'s personality shift has a lot of holes.  It's fine if people want to accept the premise, hook, line and sinker, but it's just not there in the writing and going back retroactively to fill in the blanks creates even more questions in my mind, rather than answer them, especially when the timeline lacks consistency but it doesn't matter if it doesn't pass the smell test with me, as long as others willingly buy it and it sounds like many do.

• Members

seems to me MY has rebooted the show. things re going in a completely different direction. my hope is that many of the actors and actresses who have came back will stay. that is the demo the show was missing.....and I have really enjoyed the younger crew alot this week. 

could anyone send me a link to last Friday's episode? seems like alot was started, especially JT/Victor's row.

• Members

I'd like it to be Mac. The show desperately needs more of that age group, and she's Katherine's granddaughter. I really enjoyed this week, but it also saddened me. The loss of Colleen and that whole generation of characters is such a shame.

• Members

I really don't either.  I'm willing to go with it because I've accepted that soap writing has become sloppy and plot driven.

They either had to show me why J.T. changed or they had to show me why on earth Victoria is putting up with hands around her neck. They didn't have the time to do either in a way I find believable.

At the same time there are so many things I'm not buying about the show right now this is just one more drop in the bucket.  I'm not even saying I find the show that bad. I would say this isn't really Y&R, but it hasn't been the same show in over a decade.

Archived