Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry but I'm finding these returns BLAH

What's the story?  Something this big should be setting up stories once the reunion and these returns are over.  It's all just a bunch of jaws flapping for what?!?!  

If they're just going to reminisce, at least throw in some flashbacks.

• Members

Not watching. Are they? That's cute. They should be. Would have much rather spent the last decade watching Raul over Kevin Fisher.

(I'm not watching)

Why are Leslie and Lorie back? Was a reason given? Did they just show up? What's the context of these anniversary episodes?

• Members

The only Mac I ever saw was the awful Clementine lady who literally had one face, so this Mac that actually shows emotion is pretty good to me. Was she awful on her last run or something? She seemed to get a lot of hate when it was announced she was the Mac that was coming back.

Ugh Jill just looks like she belongs in that Abbott mansion. I really do wish they had her more involved with Abbotts.

• Members

The Clementine lady...LOL...as you put it is Cybill Shepard's daughter. She was downright awful as Mac and I stopped watching Y&R for some time during her run.  Kruger was ok as Mac but she wasn't Mac. The scenes today with Billy and her were just meh....both recasts. Imagine if the original Billy and Mac had seen each other after all this time...sigh....

I'd love to see Jill back at the Abbott Mansion while Nina returns and takes Chancellor Mansion.

• Members

I decided to tune back in for the returns and to see Victoria get choked out in hopes the show had improved. Unfortunately it is still terrible. I’m still a day behind, but I always enjoy anything with Marla Adams and Eileen Davidson. I feel like they’ve taught Melissa Ordway how to act because she’s finally bearable. Now the actual story with Jack potentially not being John’s son is so beyond ludicrous that I don’t even wanna go there. They will never understand what to do with him, the return of Kyle just further proves that. 

The other thing that bothered me is JT attacking Victor. His attacking Victoria made no sense either, but the performances were nice so I went with it. Based on how they’re presenting JT it made sense he’d attack Victor, but why drain all the drama out of it. You go through the trouble of having Ashley fret over drunk Jack going to the ranch only to open the next episode with Hilary revealing Victor is at the hospital then you go back to Jack at the ranch. That pretty much gives away that Jack will call the police and save Victor. They should’ve had Jack arrive with JT still there to create tension then let us see Jack grapple with whether or not to save Victor. It just fell flat emotionally. Also I can’t see them stretching this story out long considering someone sent Victor a video of JT attacking his daughter and now Victor is in a coma. Common sense would say that person would report it to someone. 

Now onto the good, I loved the return of the Brooks sisters. I’ve long said their son needs to return and buy GC Buzz and work with Hilary. He could fill the void Adam left plus you could have Lorie, Leslie and Lance make appearances here and there to flesh him out. It’s so easy to bring that family back in a meaningful way and it would benefit the show. 

The teen reunion was nice as well. Out of the four Mac’s, Kelly Kruger was the most bearable after the original and considering how dead the Chancellor family is I’d love to see her back full time. Raul and Britney were a nice touch as well and could be useful but at least for her, I can’t see the actress wanting to come back full time. 

All in all, it’s a fun reunion week but the show is still a total mess. I’ll also say that with the returns, while great, it’s shameful the black side of Y&R has been reduced to Neil and Devon. We know how they are with Victoria Rowell, but Olivia? Nate? Mamie? They act like this hugely popular family didn’t even exist. Mamie in particular would be useful with Dina back and delving into the Abbott family history. 

Archived