Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Members

For years, I wanted Nick and Sharon to find their way back together. Now that it's being teased, I'm not feeling it anymore. I like them better as good, dependable friends. Is it possible to outgrow a couple? I feel that's what's happening. 

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same.

I think I would like it teased out better. It has had a good start and this year is the perfect year for it...but I have been liking Sharon independently. The writing has done a great job of builiding her back up. Meanwhile, Nick is not ready writing-wise. perhaps if they focused on that with some teasing....it would feel organic for what is going on. But right now...NO.

And I give no spoilers on Monday's episode.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I feel like the Shick reunion is being rushed. I kept talking to the screen, “Don’t kiss. Don’t...don’t kiss. Don’t...oh for god’s sake.” I just wanted them to feel a little frisson of attraction... and resist it. I just rolled my eyes.

• Members

Oh I just meant with allowing Sharon and Nick to slowly re-discover an attraction and a connection. The Chelsea reveal was only a month ago. And we didn’t even get a day of the JT/Victoria stuff to breathe and reverberate before we had the dramatic fight scene between JT/Victor. 

• Members

Sally Sussman B&S in LA.

I thought Sharon and Nick have had a nice build up until Friday. It had been slow. But understand.

While I'm not liking the JT/Victoria angle anymore, I do like the complications bought on now due to the JT/Victor stuff. Which of course will touch on Nikki/Arturo/Nick, Nick, Abbots by Abby etc., 

ETA: Speaking of the JT/Victoria angle...now that Victor not only knows about JT spying AND that JT choked Victoria...you now have another thread...and the fact that wedding ain't happening...

• Members

There is no reason for Sharon and Nick to reunite at this point.

The secret is keeping these couples apart. Look at Cane/Lily and Billy/Phyllis. Once they get together there's nothing for them.

And most obstacles that come up seem contrived.

Bill Bell had Nikki and Victor apart longer than they were together after the first divorce.

He did the same on Days with Bill and Laura, Doug and Julie.

Sharon and Nick can come close but something needs to stand in their way. Sharon could be relishing  her independence,Nick still hurting over Chelsea. So the longing is there but not fulfilled. Soap writing 101.

• Members

Perhaps Jack's father is Neil Fenmore. Oh and John Abbott faked his death because he is gay. 

Please register in order to view this content

MY thinks that a show needs to get crazy and dark all the time in order to keep viewers interested. Dina's ALS and things like burning down bars and stabbing people, JT returning as a different character, a very violent one. The Abbotts being horrible to each other and now we have to talk about Jack not being John's son? What is next? We find out that Traci was a boy and transitioned as a teenager? 

BTW whatever happened to the lesbians? Are they back into men? Do they have any story these days?

• Members

+1

I much prefer them as friends now. I like their relationship as it is, exes who get along and have each other's backs. I don't need or even want a romantic reunion at this point, but I've always felt Morrow was his best with Case. At least I can usually tolerate Nick in her orbit, unlike anywhere else. I mean every relationship has failed. Phyllis initially didn't I suppose but I never enjoyed them together.

It made more sense when they were working towards a reconcilation a few years ago before Sage and Dylan. I guess feelings don't die but eh ....

MY seems to want certain tentpole couples together but just putting them together for the sake of it isn't the best idea.

In the UK soaps everyone is pretty much miserable all the time, which can be draining, even if the drama is 'good'. I see a lot of that under MY (though a little less on the 'good'). Drama doesn't and shouldn't equal misery and darkness.

It's why of the UK soaps I lean towards HollyOaks because it often mixes in comedy with the ridiculous melodrama and plot twists. I love EastEnders but I can only watch miserable people for so long .... (I also end up losing interest over the never-ending revolving door - and often deaths - of characters)

I've missed a LOT of Y&R but I do keep up but what happened to Graham? Couldn't he still be Dina's bastard? Maybe she's confusing Jack with Graham? Although making Jack a Brooks (though I have no idea if that's what they're doing, which they probably aren't) I'm not totally against it, lol, and I don't know why I'm not. But I wonder where it's all going and if it even matters? It's as dumb to me as the two retcons of who Jill is. It's stupid and I don't know why writers insist on doing this. Jill as a Fenmore is beyond dumb and it was even dumber making her Katherine's.

Hmm. MY seems to be a bit similar to Jack Smith, who's tenure started to lose me ....

• Members

That could've been a storyline better suited for Ashley. Back in the 90s, there was a rumor that ED was a Male to Female transgender. I can imagine that fan fiction in my head about the Abbott family secret being that Ashley is really trans instead of  Ashley being Brent Davis's daughter. I would either have  Ashley fake a pregnancy and  have a surrogate give birth to Abby.  

Tess has been MIA since Noah dump her and left town after finding out about her and Mariah.  Devon didn't even get mad at Mariah when he found out about her and Tess kissing. Mariah is still the Deus ex machina of the Hilary Hour when things go wrong. 

Archived