Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ashley isn't an Abbott is the worst storyline ever.  And Jack never threw it in her face.  And then he has it written that only a "blood Abbott" can run the company.  Then he says how sorry he is for it.  Then he changes the policy.  Now she's suing over defamation of character.  It's just tired/blah to me.  And why does Beth Maitland show up, then she's gone again.  This show is a mess. 

• Members

Past experiences shape who you are.

Apparently, Jack already threatened Ashley with this secret during the TERRY LESTER days. This is just a bit more cold blooded, but totally Jack. He switched the will to give Gloria nothing. Jack has never been a saint and neither has Ashley. Having them both at odds while there mother battles with alzheimer's actually puts a more realistic touch to the show; rather than everyone pretending to get a long. Unfortunately, it does not always work that way, because our life is not focused on one thing. BUT if you dislike this story and are fed up with, then I respect that.

Finally Eileen Davidson is being used again. I have no problem with this. It sure as hell beats the "Ashley with a blanket begging for Victor" days.

I agree that more Beth Maitland would be great for this story. 

• Members

Today when Victor was confronting JT, JT told Victor that he blamed him for Colleen's death. Maybe that will be used to help explain why he's gone over the edge.

I can understand why some viewers are upset about this storyline and why they feel like JT is being destroyed/thrown under the bus. I'm not sure if they are really going to do a good job explaining how JT became this person that he currently is. I wouldn't have minded if the writers had made this story a bit grayer and possibly allowed JT to survive it. I think they could have just had him act more controlling and anxious than anything and not let it turn physically abusive.

I've seen situations in real life where someone is acting controlling/dominating to their significant other in ways that aren't necessarily abusive but still uncomfortable to see. Like a man constantly calling his wife's office demanding to talk to her or a woman always talking for her husband, etc... Situations like that where there is control/aggressive behavior going on, but not necessarily abuse.

Maybe they could have had JT act mainly along those lines and chalk it up to him being stressed/anxious about his job and his life/career choices. That would made things tense for him and Victoria in a realistic way but not completely destroy his character. They could have Victoria ultimately end up dumping him and him end up getting counseling for his behavior, and have him take a break from work. That way he could have exited the show but still come back from time to time after he's worked on his issues. 

Regardless, though of how they end up explaining his behavior, I do think that Thad and Amelia are doing good acting in this storyline. I have been impressed by both of them.

• Members

@DeeeDee, I'm done debating this with you. Just know, I know you're lying about what you said. 

Please register in order to view this content

You also said the show was changing Victoria and telling this story because it played to AHs strengths while not being

true to what we know about the character. So how can it possibly not make sense for the actress now? Girl, just stop! 

JTs ties to the canvas are not strong! 

+1

Mal's writing has had a definite Pratt fell to it. Starting way back around March/April last year when we felt a shift. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Considering the boy just showed up 8/9 months ago to help JTs failing Billy/Villy along after being Keemo'd for 7 years, I'm going to stick with my original  assessment. Though, since the boy is currently around, that does help some. I surmise that if JT's Billy hadn't need help, we probably wouldn't even have this story. 

Archived