Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dislike Victoria, but the ice queen attitude makes sense given who her father is. I wish the show would truly address the double standard of Victoria being called cold, yet Victor being tolerated. 

I don't want to go on a rant, but a lot of soaps have a steady history of characters tolerating truly vile behavior from a male character ((Victor has done downright evil things)) while criticizing strong and ambitious women ((Victoria, Hilary, Jill back in the day). Not that those women don't deserve to be criticized at times, but are we really going to believe they are so god awful when someone like Victor is not only tolerated, but called a victim whenever karma hits him?

• Members

HOLY [!@#$%^&*]!

I hate that they have Sharon falling for Nick. Morrow and Case will always have excellent chemistry but why can't they just stay friends.

The Dina scenes were so sad. Poor Ashley sitting there while Dina remembers a childhood memory but literally has no recollection of her as an adult sitting right there with her. I like that they've removed the silliness from the story but it suuuucks. I want Dina around for years and she's just getting worse and worse.

The JT/Victoria story was good today. I don't know if I believe JT's apologies. He's been a huge douche since he returned and I just can't see this ending up being an isolated incident at this point. And that proposal just seemed so manipulative.

• Members

I thought Victoria's/JT's scenes were well written too.  I thought those scenes were well written and that both Thad and Amelia did a good job in those scenes. I thought they came across as very realistic .I bought them as a couple in an unhealthy relationship that has turned abusive, even though Victoria doesn't fully realize that yet.

The writers having her slap JT helped clouded her perspective of the situation and caused her to blame herself more than she should for what happened. It was like she was equating her behavior with JT's, even though JT has been worse and will end up being worse. And her also trying to use the idea of "honesty" to make their relationship seem better than what it is. She's acting like the way JT is treating her is mostly him being honest, when it is really controlling and abusive behavior.

I also wonder in what other ways he might harm her physically. I wonder if he will flat out hit her or do other things like push her, or cause her to fall down somehow and injure herself without striking her. If he does the latter things, I could see him trying to spin those things as not being abuse. Maybe he will do something to her and try and paint it as an accident or something. 

Archived