Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Members

That made me think of my ex. In any case, just smh at the character assassination and it just does not work for me.

Meanwhile, please let this duo team of Cane/Lily backfired and he pays dearly.

Scared to even ask.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because JT has been offscreen for years, and Thad Luckinbill isn't looking to stay, I'm fine with this character arc. After having so many ridiculous plots, it's nice to have one grounded in realism (although the subject matter is tough to watch). Y&R works best this way. Also, I'm liking Nikki/Nick working together to help the less fortunate, because everyone on the show is already fortunate. 

• Members

You can't talk realism and think they couldn't have found another realistic way to write him out when he's done. And by write out, I mean ALIVE. There's no way this will be ending well for someone who is a legacy character by this point.  I know almost all of us can write something better simply using the plot threads cutting airing to give JT/Victoria drama. 

EXACTLY. I cannot see HT's Victoria even allowing that hand to get around her throat. But again, she would have given Ashley a run for her money...something Ashley even noticed today in her talk with Victoria today.

• Members

Heather Tom has been gone almost 15 years. Can we please give it (and her) a rest? Amelia Heinle was great in those scenes with TL. She is Victoria.

AH was also very good in those scenes where Ashley put Victoria in her place. HT would have given Ashley a run for her money? That wasn’t in the script.

HT is a good actress, but since all she’s done lately is wail and sob as the tears stream, I hardly think she’s Meryl Streep.

• Members

NOPE

And saying that just makes me want to be petty and talk about Heather Tom all the time

Please register in order to view this content

We can talk about whatever we want just like you can. Praise Heinle. She finally showed up for work 13 years later. It's no wonder we all long for Heather Tom. Victoria's a pathetic shell of who she used to be and should be. I loved when MY turned her back into an icy bitch but then of course he had to be all about plot and have her be weak and insecure and be able to be manipulated so JT can beat her up. It reeks. JT is tossed under the bus. Not that I ever loved him, mind you.

But again, kudos to Heinle for finally checking into work.

Sorry you like her and most of us don't or are indifferent but I won't stop beating a very dead horse. We all have things we repeat ad nauseum that we're all probably sick of hearing. Such is life on a message board.

• Members

I know people are tired of WWHTD (“What would Heather Tom do?”), but it’s hard to not compare when AH half-asses it so much. It’s inevitable to compare someone to the person who made a role famous. Hell, people still compare Peter Bergman unfavorably to Terry Lester, who’s been off the show for nearly 30 years, and we KNOW Terry ain’t coming back. 

• Members

In Heather's case I mostly just see her work on B&B and think that maybe we're best off only having good memories and not seeing what she'd be now. Of course Katie is one of the worst characters in B&B history, so I doubt that helps.

• Members

Yep. Thank you. I know it's irritating hearing the same thing a lot, but I think we're all guilty of it. It is what it is. We all have our favorites and actors we hate. We all have our quirks ... lol

I'll always imagine Heather kicking ass as Victoria instead of this pathetic shell. Heinle would have been much better as doormat Katie on B&B. They really long should have switched roles.

Heinle's attitude also during the Miller/David Tom switch really turned me off to her. She just half asses it. Not that the writing has always been in Victoria's favor as a character, but lawd Heinle is so blah and bland. At least her hair has been better and she's dressed nicer.

She's playing herself. Like many actors and actresses at this point, TBH.

Oh Heather has definitely overacted beyond belief on B&B LOL but I think it's a choice. So much of what they give her is absolutely ridiculous. I think she'd be far more understated again on Y&R, but who knows? All they have Katie do is cry or screech or have a heart attack. It's all just Emmy bait. She's pretty much been wasted almost the entire time she's been on the show despite the constant Emmy bait. If her name wasn't Heather Tom Katie would have been dumped years ago. IMHO.

• Members

I was the same. That really changed my opinion about her, more than any of her work in the role. I thought she acted like a spoiled brat in her interviews and I can't imagine what the work environment must have been for David Tom. 

• Members

She was completely unprofessional, IMHO. She should have been the one let go. I know Tom was rusty and people were used to frat boy Miller grinning but what a missed opportunity, bringing him back and it all got turned to [!@#$%^&*].

She'll just never be Victoria to me (I can tolerate her when the writing for Victoria is in character and she's not playing it like she's doped up on ambien). I don't care how long Heather Tom has been gone, lol

• Members

THANK YOU.

Now as someone who rarely has said a bad thing about AH and prefer her icy and definitely have her Victoria moments...I would say Ranger who I never have a problem with can go have several seats. 

I said what I said (@NeneLeakes) for the moment. This is truly a low point for the character no matter who is playing her. 

Archived