Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Members

Roxy reunites with & marries Devon in a quickie ceremony.

She schemes to limit Hilary & the baby's influence in Devon's life with an eager Lily's help.

She goes too far causing Lily reluctantly side with Hilary who has proven to be genuinely loyal.

Angry at Lily's betrayal Roxy gets pregnant by Charlie to even the score.

That's AT LEAST five years of story right there.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Neil would be busy focusing on running HWG with Devon (after totally divesting HWG's services from Newman) while trying to deal with all the drama Roxy has caused. 

HWG's first project would be to ask Mamie invest as a silent HWG junior partner.

She & social justice driven Mattie would invest a small portion of HWG's resources to create a coalition that advocates on behalf of domestic workers.

Olivia (visiting with Nate) would encourage a reluctant Neil to begin dating again.

Neil would quietly date a nightclub singer played by Vanita Harbour until....

• Members

She's not pointless.

She would provide a mature yet age appropriate fun relationship for Neil which he needs after a LONG string of personal disasters.

The biggest issue facing their relationship would be her earning the approval of all the various strong women in Neil's life.

• Members

Not digging Nikki and that fake ass Enrique Iglesias boytoy. You'd think she'd know better after the disaster that was her last boytoy, Deacon Sharpe.

I liked Roxy when she was on but it would be jarring to see her return as a villainess. Tatyana Ali will always be Ashley Banks to me.

• Members

I think it would be interesting to see TA play against type. She’d probably relish it. And Devon did screw her over and who knows what’s happened to her since she’s been off screen. And of course, it isn’t as if Roxy was this highly developed, three-dimensional character when she was on.

• Members

Sounds like another redo of every romance neil has had post Dru. Another failed romance is the last thing he needs. But, after further thought, I do think it serves a purpose. It shows Neil having moved on with his life and happy. Gets Hilary from under his dark cloud of misery. 

Roxy didn't have a last name after 6/7 years of being on the show. That tells you all you need to know. Honestly, Devon has come so far as a character post Roxy. I'm a tad reluctant to get her back. He might end up sidelined with her again. Or end up in a qaud with Neil. You know the show would...

However, I think there might be some viewer rebellion against taking her villainous. Despite the lack of development, I think viewers will be as put off by it as they are with JTs devolution.  

When is Jack going to get a love interest? I just don't think Mal has any interest in the older leading males in romances or driving story. Paul, victor, Michael, and Neil are all either in the background or barely on. Jack is driving story but not romantically. Mal seems to be transitioning to younger characters. 

• Members

I think the transition to younger characters is long overdue, don’t you think? At least a commitment to one. I, for one, am glad to not see Peter Bergman slobbering all over someone. We’ve all wondered aloud where the “young” in Y&R had gone, especially with the previous regimes killing off or destroying legacy characters left and right.

• Members

Yeah, same. No real love interests beyond momentary flings for the AARP crowd, at least the ones they actually feature. It’s been a relief for Jack and Victor in particular.

But couples are a problem on this show in general. I’m not sure what prospects there are for Abby, Mariah, or Victoria beyond JT. Cane/Lily, Philly, Hevon, possibly Shick - most of those are just kinda there or rehashes. I suppose in some ways it’s good for characters to develop beyond just romances and to mine relationships between family members (Abby/Victoria).

• Members

I'm actually okay with the  current lack of a ton of couples that are actually together. Very few writers are good at making happy couples interesting or giving them realistic drama that makes you want to see them come out on the other side. Philly is like the perfect example of how awful a happy couple can be.

Archived