Jump to content
Taoboi

Y&R March 2018 Discussion

Recommended Posts

The Nikki and Arturo reveal falls really flat. We should have seen Nick and Arturo becoming friends versus having nick tell "I'm acting like a 17 year old ingenue that can't function without Nick" Sharon about it.

 

Vikki gets beat down onscreen every day. Hard to watch. Victor ordering Reed to play chess with him seemed very odd. Like who is he? God. What's the narrative? Victor is this all powerful being who runs everyone in and every aspect of his family. 

 

While I appreciate Hilary getting better writing, this Hevon baby story gets dumber by the episode. Hilary's actions make sense. She wants a baby and she's still in love with Devon. But Devon's behevior is irrational. There is no reason he would agree to this other than wanting to tie hilary to himself cause he still wants to be with her. Yet, he says daily that they are done with romance. A walking contradiction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate Victoria as a character, and she’s been pretty loathsome recently, so I’m mildly relishing her getting a little of her own medicine. It’s just sad that AH is returning to her dead-behind-the-eyes style of acting.

 

These big casting announcements (Arturo, Shauna) have been glorified day players. I did get a kick out of Nick’s “ew” face at discovering Arturo and Nikki.

 

I’m not at all invested in the Hevon baby. It’s just rinse-wash-repeat with Devon getting exasperated with Hilary’s behavior and then doing a 180 the next day. This doesn’t feel like a story advancement to me.

Edited by Faulkner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I hate Victoria as a character, and she’s been pretty loathsome recently, so I’m mildly relishing her getting a little of her own medicine. It’s just sad that AH is returning to her dead-behind-the-eyes style of acting.

 

These big casting announcements (Arturo, Shauna) have been glorified day players. I did get a kick out of Nick’s “ew” face at discovering Arturo and Nikki.

 

I’m not at all invested in the Hevon baby. It’s just rinse-wash-repeat with Devon getting exasperated with Hilary’s behavior and then doing a 180 the next day. This doesn’t feel like a story advancement to me.

 

So Devon and Hilary have a clean slate. No more secrets. Now what? Does Hilary do something else to lie about and hide? Or is this finally the end of that merry go round? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

So Devon and Hilary have a clean slate. No more secrets. Now what? Does Hilary do something else to lie about and hide? Or is this finally the end of that merry go round? 

One hopes. That’s certainly up to Mal. But I’m just exhausted by them at this point. I’m not interested in seeing Hilary re-earn Devon’s trust. It’s stale to me. It could be interesting to see an interloper who, instead of Hilary, plays the baddie/schemer in that dynamic. And NOT Neil.

Edited by Faulkner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

One hopes. That’s certainly up to Mal. But I’m just exhausted by them at this point. I’m not interested in seeing Hilary re-earn Devon’s trust. It’s stale to me. It could be interesting to see an interloper who, instead of Hilary, plays the baddie/schemer in that dynamic. And NOT Neil.

 

I was hoping that was the point of the not so special lady in Devon's life, Simone. But they haven't done a thing with her. I agree that having an interloper who scheme's to keep hevon apart would be far more refreshing than this. Not Neil. AND not Lily. It's time to move on from the Winters family standing in Hevon's way to happiness. It's also stale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

I was hoping that was the point of the not so special lady in Devon's life, Simone. But they haven't done a thing with her. I agree that having an interloper who scheme's to keep hevon apart would be far more refreshing than this. Not Neil. AND not Lily. It's time to move on from the Winters family standing in Hevon's way to happiness. It's also stale. 

Totally. I’d watch the hell out of a story where a true female villain, a Sheila or early Phyllis-type and not just a schemer, goes after Devon for his influence/$$$$ and possibly frames a reformed Hilary for some crime. That villainess could manipulate and align herself with Lily, et al,  but it would just be a different element in the story. I’m a little scared of how Y&R handles slightly unhinged characters after the damaging scourge of psychos who appeared under MAB and Pratt, but just something to take the heat off Hilary (at least in the eyes of viewers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Faulkner said:

Totally. I’d watch the hell out of a story where a true female villain, a Sheila or early Phyllis-type and not just a schemer, goes after Devon for his influence/$$$$ and possibly frames a reformed Hilary for some crime. That villainess could manipulate and align herself with Lily, et al,  but it would just be a different element in the story. I’m a little scared of how Y&R handles slightly unhinged characters after the damaging scourge of psychos who appeared under MAB and Pratt, but just something to take the heat off Hilary (at least in the eyes of viewers).

 

Hilary definitely needs that. Something akin to Diane and Phyllis. The character doesn't have to be unhinged.  But I wouldn't even mind that. Hilary doesn't need to be some heroine. But she also doesn't need to be irrationally mean with no redeeming qaulities. I think the art of writing complex female characters has been lost. I'm waiting to see how this story pans out. However, the mention of neil coming back to straighten Devon out on this issue doesn't bode well. 

Edited by ajsp35801

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

Hilary definitely needs that. Something akin to Diane and Phyllis. The character doesn't have to be unhinged.  But I wouldn't even mind that. Hilary doesn't need to be some heroine. But she also doesn't need to be irrationally mean with no redeeming qaulities. I think the art of writing complex female characters have her lost. I'm waiting to see how this story pans out. However, the mention if beil coming back to straighten Devon out on this issue doesn't bode well. 

Hilary could still be tough and cunning and not some pushover heroine, but a tricky adversary would allow us to see her in a different perspective. That’s the best way I can see to freshen up this story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Hilary could still be tough and cunning and not some pushover heroine, but a tricky adversary would allow us to see her in a different perspective. That’s the best way I can see to freshen up this story.

 

I agree that it'd be fresh. This is the first time hilary has felt like protagonist in story since her initial redemption. Which is the only reason I don't totally despise this story. As the show has shown with Phyllis, characters can be shown as cunning and tough and still be the protagonist in story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Totally. I’d watch the hell out of a story where a true female villain, a Sheila or early Phyllis-type and not just a schemer, goes after Devon for his influence/$$$$ and possibly frames a reformed Hilary for some crime. That villainess could manipulate and align herself with Lily, et al,  but it would just be a different element in the story.

 

ROXY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when Devon slept with the woman who he had thought was his aunt (Tyra) 5 minutes after finding out she wasn't?

 

They really did this character WRONG over the years. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...