Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Nikki and Arturo reveal falls really flat. We should have seen Nick and Arturo becoming friends versus having nick tell "I'm acting like a 17 year old ingenue that can't function without Nick" Sharon about it.

Vikki gets beat down onscreen every day. Hard to watch. Victor ordering Reed to play chess with him seemed very odd. Like who is he? God. What's the narrative? Victor is this all powerful being who runs everyone in and every aspect of his family. 

While I appreciate Hilary getting better writing, this Hevon baby story gets dumber by the episode. Hilary's actions make sense. She wants a baby and she's still in love with Devon. But Devon's behevior is irrational. There is no reason he would agree to this other than wanting to tie hilary to himself cause he still wants to be with her. Yet, he says daily that they are done with romance. A walking contradiction. 

• Members

I hate Victoria as a character, and she’s been pretty loathsome recently, so I’m mildly relishing her getting a little of her own medicine. It’s just sad that AH is returning to her dead-behind-the-eyes style of acting.

These big casting announcements (Arturo, Shauna) have been glorified day players. I did get a kick out of Nick’s “ew” face at discovering Arturo and Nikki.

I’m not at all invested in the Hevon baby. It’s just rinse-wash-repeat with Devon getting exasperated with Hilary’s behavior and then doing a 180 the next day. This doesn’t feel like a story advancement to me.

• Members

One hopes. That’s certainly up to Mal. But I’m just exhausted by them at this point. I’m not interested in seeing Hilary re-earn Devon’s trust. It’s stale to me. It could be interesting to see an interloper who, instead of Hilary, plays the baddie/schemer in that dynamic. And NOT Neil.

• Members

I was hoping that was the point of the not so special lady in Devon's life, Simone. But they haven't done a thing with her. I agree that having an interloper who scheme's to keep hevon apart would be far more refreshing than this. Not Neil. AND not Lily. It's time to move on from the Winters family standing in Hevon's way to happiness. It's also stale. 

• Members

Totally. I’d watch the hell out of a story where a true female villain, a Sheila or early Phyllis-type and not just a schemer, goes after Devon for his influence/$$$$ and possibly frames a reformed Hilary for some crime. That villainess could manipulate and align herself with Lily, et al,  but it would just be a different element in the story. I’m a little scared of how Y&R handles slightly unhinged characters after the damaging scourge of psychos who appeared under MAB and Pratt, but just something to take the heat off Hilary (at least in the eyes of viewers).

• Members

Hilary definitely needs that. Something akin to Diane and Phyllis. The character doesn't have to be unhinged.  But I wouldn't even mind that. Hilary doesn't need to be some heroine. But she also doesn't need to be irrationally mean with no redeeming qaulities. I think the art of writing complex female characters has been lost. I'm waiting to see how this story pans out. However, the mention of neil coming back to straighten Devon out on this issue doesn't bode well. 

• Members

I agree that it'd be fresh. This is the first time hilary has felt like protagonist in story since her initial redemption. Which is the only reason I don't totally despise this story. As the show has shown with Phyllis, characters can be shown as cunning and tough and still be the protagonist in story. 

Archived