Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My God.  I hate Cane so much.  I can't even remember a time a resented a soap character this much. I actually hate him more than Sonny on GH and that is saying something. When he gets in self righteous mode I just want to scream.

Please, let this be the one that finally sinks their godforsaken ship. A girl can dream.

• Members

Same here.  I just wanted to choke him out after his scenes with Victoria today.  He's scum.  I still can't get past how that thumb drive with Hilary somehow exonerated him of sleeping with Juliet, stealing the kid's college fund and setting up Billy back in LA?!?!?!  He still did all of that himself!  WTF!

@DeeeDee

<DeeeDee> CANE MUST DIE </DeeeDee>

• Members

@GMac And don't forget scrapping Lily's national ad campaign and derailing her other opportunities - wasn't the agent all stoked about her and then it crashed. Funny how Cane (a man) does all these horrible things and bounces back to lead CI, but Lily (a woman) now ends up with nothing. What are these writers thinking? Even a 'weak' show like the 'new' Dynasty knows how to write smart, career-oriented women. I don't get why daytime can't do the same. 

• Members

Fans on Twitter - so many types of fans for shows - love to be offended and outraged. It's pathetic. This story is offensive and lazy to me, but clearly that is not what Ashley meant and I doubt even someone as crass as Mal Young seems to be would send that type of message either.

Dumbasses.

• Members

Bravo to Abby. She's proudly backing her mother, and it was awesome to see.

Victor was quick to fire Ashley after the "investigation". I'm looking forward to seeing this scheme blow up in Miss Victoria's face. 

• Members

Hoping you won't have to take much more. Something feels off with him and lily. Is she still not comfortable with that baby. I feel like she wants to work so she doesn't have to stay at home and mother that baby. 

On a different note, MiM was stunning today and Hilary FINALLY has a decent story that doesn't involve her hurting someone.  I'm enjoying her interactions with Shauna and how it allows the show to give us glimpses into her childhood/upbringing without it being exposition and viewers having to question whether it's true or not. The young actress can actually act. She's a natural. (Poor Cait Fairbanks).  The story is landing with ease. And when you throw in Devon and his entrance story, that the show isn't shying away from like they tried to do for years with Devon and Hilary's relationship/connection, it's really resonating without trying hard. My one complaint is that it came out of nowhere. 

Abby came back smart and in the thick of things. It seems like everything is happening at rapid speed except for JT physically abusing Vikki. I'm tired of dreading it. If the show is going to do it then just get on with it. 

• Members

Y&R is turning Lily into a mixture of Mother & Grandmother.

The only difference is that Cane won't be vilified as Walter & Neil were because the show because he's white & they'll never make the Ashby's believably middle class.

• Members

I almost wish they had given Cane the domestic abuse story, although the optics of him hitting an AA woman would have been problematic.  Maybe it would have been ok if Lily stabbed him to death the second time he tried it?

Please register in order to view this content

Archived