Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For this story to work I think there has to be some kind of solid cause and effect that has resulted for JT to devolve. I'd say it would to be easy to tie in Colleen's death for JT to regress to his hot headed bad boy ways and short temper, saying he's never truly gotten over Colleen or accepted her death. Still I think even if JT doesn't go off the rails but is emotionally unmoored which is causing him to display controlling behavior and be verbally abusive, I still think it's overkill. This type of story probably would have worked better with Kevin if they really had the courage to tell such a story. 

• Members

Had rare chance to watch - it's too bad TL can't join full-time - he has more presence than the other male actors.

At least, AH/TL have an incredibly great working relationship. As far as the setting-up Ashley s/l, it just holds no water: 1) Ashley is not duplicitous in business; 2) she would never hurt Newman/Abby; and 3) Victoria/Jack are far too smart to come up with this JV plan.  Victoria becoming 'self-aware' after reading those comments ... her reaction is an insult to all businesswomen. The writers are really out-of-touch here.

Hilary begging for Devon's seed. Pass. That's so beneath her. 

SC/MTS - they will always be iconic soap gold. Billy/Nick was unexpectedly interesting. 

• Members

Not really, which is why the show shouldn't be trying to tell the story for a legacy character. Maybe if it was some new character who dazzled everyone at first but then we see slowly unravel into the dark side, but not even that type of storytelling exists even in daytime anymore. Instead this story is probably going to come off as some lousy D-list Lifetime movie knock-off. 

Archived