Jump to content
Taoboi

Y&R March 2018 Discussion

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Right. It’s tough. I’m not sure I trust MY to handle a story that would require Shakespearean skill for us to see JT as anything other than an evil jerk, especially in the #metoo era. But I’m trying to separate what’s just bad writing from what is just me being a JT fanboy. 

 

For this story to work I think there has to be some kind of solid cause and effect that has resulted for JT to devolve. I'd say it would to be easy to tie in Colleen's death for JT to regress to his hot headed bad boy ways and short temper, saying he's never truly gotten over Colleen or accepted her death. Still I think even if JT doesn't go off the rails but is emotionally unmoored which is causing him to display controlling behavior and be verbally abusive, I still think it's overkill. This type of story probably would have worked better with Kevin if they really had the courage to tell such a story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soapfan770 said:

 

For this story to work I think there has to be some kind of solid cause and effect that has resulted for JT to devolve. I'd say it would to be easy to tie in Colleen's death for JT to regress to his hot headed bad boy ways and short temper, saying he's never truly gotten over Colleen or accepted her death. Still I think even if JT doesn't go off the rails but is emotionally unmoored which is causing him to display controlling behavior and be verbally abusive, I still think it's overkill. This type of story probably would have worked better with Kevin if they really had the courage to tell such a story. 

 

JT is a cop. He could have been undercover for too long and lost himself in the process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

JT is a cop. He could have been undercover for too long and lost himself in the process. 

 

I like it.  It's simple and believable.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

JT is a cop. He could have been undercover for too long and lost himself in the process. 

 

I like this as well and could run with it. I just don't want the show to leave JT as an evil jerk with little explanation in the same way as GL did with Ben Reade, ATWT with Adam Munson etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, soapfan770 said:

 

I like this as well and could run with it. I just don't want the show to leave JT as an evil jerk with little explanation in the same way as GL did with Ben Reade, ATWT with Adam Munson etc. 

Do we trust this show to provide the detail and psychological insight such a story would deserve? I’d trust it in the hands of Labine or Bell or Marland. Mal Young? I’m not so sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had rare chance to watch - it's too bad TL can't join full-time - he has more presence than the other male actors.

 

At least, AH/TL have an incredibly great working relationship. As far as the setting-up Ashley s/l, it just holds no water: 1) Ashley is not duplicitous in business; 2) she would never hurt Newman/Abby; and 3) Victoria/Jack are far too smart to come up with this JV plan.  Victoria becoming 'self-aware' after reading those comments ... her reaction is an insult to all businesswomen. The writers are really out-of-touch here.

 

Hilary begging for Devon's seed. Pass. That's so beneath her. 

 

SC/MTS - they will always be iconic soap gold. Billy/Nick was unexpectedly interesting. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Do we trust this show to provide the detail and psychological insight such a story would deserve? I’d trust it in the hands of Labine or Bell or Marland. Mal Young? I’m not so sure.

 

Not really, which is why the show shouldn't be trying to tell the story for a legacy character. Maybe if it was some new character who dazzled everyone at first but then we see slowly unravel into the dark side, but not even that type of storytelling exists even in daytime anymore. Instead this story is probably going to come off as some lousy D-list Lifetime movie knock-off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, soapfan770 said:

 

Not really, which is why the show shouldn't be trying to tell the story for a legacy character. Maybe if it was some new character who dazzled everyone at first but then we see slowly unravel into the dark side, but not even that type of storytelling exists even in daytime anymore. Instead this story is probably going to come off as some lousy D-list Lifetime movie knock-off. 

 

It doesn't help that they write Vikki horribly. Almost as if to say "she deserves it" when it happens to her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...