Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So, Devon and Hilary just got a teen daughter to parent. Coincidentally, she's flirting with Charlie. Let Hilary vs Lily fighting over these kids commence. 

13 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

They all need to be back for the anniversary!

Now that would be returns I'd get excited about. 

• Members

It is weird that Lily would be concerned about being a “one-income family” given Cane is a CEO of a major corporation. Are they living some extravagant lifestyle that we don’t see onscreen? The thought that they’ll suddenly have to shop at Aldi’s is pretty laughable.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members
37 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

It is weird that Lily would be concerned about being a “one-income family” given Cane is a CEO of a major corporation. Are they living some extravagant lifestyle that we don’t see onscreen? The thought that they’ll suddenly have to shop at Aldi’s is pretty laughable.

It’s an excuse so we don’t get to see Lily live on the ranch and have affairs as she pleases while day-drinking as she has become very bored with Cane.

While her concerns are valid, it saddens me that while Dru was able to Neil in his place 20 years ago Lily is not allowed to do the same with Cane. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members
36 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

It is weird that Lily would be concerned about being a “one-income family” given Cane is a CEO of a major corporation.

Not to mention her father is a veteran corporate executive, her mother was a famous model & corporate executive, her aunt & cousin are successful doctors, her great aunt is independently wealthy and her brother is a BILLIONAIRE.

• Members
3 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

Not to mention her father is a veteran corporate executive, her mother was a famous model & corporate executive, her aunt & cousin are successful doctors, her great aunt is independently wealthy and her brother is a BILLIONAIRE.

Right. I get that she wouldn’t want to go begging to the relatives out of pride, but the thought that her family would be struggling is silly. There’s no sense of scale when it comes to income on these shows anymore. It’s like a generic middle class (everyone lives in modest abodes, understandably because these shows are broke) but a character’s wealth is only invoked when it’s narratively convenient.

They are really straining to make Lily/Cane the show’s most relatable couple, and I just can’t suspend my disbelief. Cane is never seen working and his role at CI feels like a contrivance that feels at odds with what we know about the character.

• Members
48 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Please register in order to view this content
This continues to piss me off.  There is no way Lily or anyone in her family needs to fret about where their next private school tuition payment is coming from.  The show continues to insult viewers with this $hit. 

If they want a lower middle class family with money worries on the show, they need to bring one on. People related to billionaires and CEO's are not it.

• Members

They kind of have a start with Mariah.  On the one hand, it's never made sense to me that Sharon didn't offer to send her to college or give her some money. Once they got close and Mariah proved trustworthy, I mean.  On the other hand, I guess that could lead to Mariah and a partner having a middle class family.  I think that's about the closest this show could come to middle class. Not that I think they will do any of that, mind you.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • On Soap Opera Network

• Community Posts

• Y&R: A sadistic Nate is delighted to see his underhanded tactics to sabotage Chancellor-Winters pan out as he also involves himself with tantalizing relations with the voluptuous Audra Charles and still seductive Imani, resulting him in dumping Elena! Tucker McCall makes a big splash up with his return to Genoa City! Tucker will have a treacherous hidden agenda as he encounters old flame Diane and his ex-wives Ashley and Sharon! Nikki and Phyllis’ plans go up in smoke as Kyle & Summer’s renewal vows come to pass, but Diane is still forced to deceive when Tucker gives her a reprieve from revealing their very sordid past!  A Newman takeover bid of Chancellor Winters will shake Genoa City to its core as the Moustache vows to crush Billy Boy Abbott for good!  A depraved Adam plots against Nick and Sally and vows to terrorize the secret couple!  Chance and Abby’s marriage crumbles, but this allows for Chance to find a fresh woman in his life! Voluptuous femme fatale Audra Charles runs into her ex-lover Noah to whom they once had a rather kinky relationship leaving Allie gobsmacked! Meanwhile Audra finds herself fascinated with not only Nate and Noah, but also with an unsuspecting Devon! Daniel Romalotti returns to Genoa City with a peculiar secret of his own! B&B Ridge’s destiny is up in the air as he flies to Aspen Colorado after a very reluctant Taylor while Brooke races to Aspen herself to also get to Ridge. Will Ridge finally make the ultimate decision the show has been waiting 35 years for? Bill has secrets and a renewed interest in Brooke’s affairs! Meanwhile Bill is very torn between as he juggles feelings for Brooke, Katie, and Li! The battle for custody of Douglas gets much nastier as Liam and Brooke make power plays, but a delirious Thomas fantasizes a plan for him and Hope to become a couple! Sparks fly again for Zende and Paris, but Carter is still on Paris’s radar! Shauna returns with some very unsettling news for one a LA resident…. Deacon is at a loss to help Sheila. Sheila remains a lunatic as she conceives a sinister plot to get Hayes and Finn into the dark side with her!
    • ^^ I like that.  Please register in order to view this content
    • And we can't even say we always had Paris.
    • Mishael is on recurring status. The show treats its contract and recurring stars the same in terms of marketing and promotion, hence why Greg Rikaart is also part of the photo shoot even though he’s on contract at “Days of our Lives.”
    • In addressing recent exit rumors, actress Mishael Morgan posted a message on her Instagram stories timeline early this evening which sets the record straight about her status as Amanda Sinclair on “The Young and the Restless.” “Okay, guys. So, I just wrapped from my last scenes back at ‘Y&R’ and I just wanted to let the cat out of the bag a little bit,” Morgan starts off saying. “A lot of people have noticed that my name is not on the main credits anymore, and I wanted everybody to know that it was my decision. I decided actually back in December that I wanted to take a bit of a step back from the show.” Explaining her reasons, Morgan notes, “I just feel like at this point in my life, and at the point in my career, I wanted to mix things up a little bit. But ‘Y&R’ will always be home, and I have so appreciated this safe place to land that they’ve given me so I know that I can be back. They are like family to me, and coming back just reminds me of that.” As for the fans, Morgan shares her appreciation, saying, “I’m so appreciative of you guys and all the fans who have supported me along this ‘Y&R’ journey.” As for what’s next, she makes it clear that she’s not leaving the show per se. “I’m still on it! I’m still going to be on recurring, so you’ll still catch me in Genoa City.” In closing, Morgan conveyed her love and thanks to all. “I love you guys so much. Thank you guys for being a part of this. Keep looking out for new things.” Photo by @mishaelmorgan/Instagram Note: The post Mishael Morgan Addresses Exit Rumors, Reveals Decision to Go Recurring at ‘The Young and the Restless’ appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website. Read More

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy