Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Members

I mean they don't have to introduce a family.. but a wrong side of the track type of character like Nina back in the 80s.. or even Nikki back in the late 70s (who grew up poor and married into money while her older sister Casey worked her way through college/medical school).

And I think the show should do some house cleaning.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would be pretty easy for them to put her in that position though.  Just lose the job and add a wife/husband and kid with expensive problems.  Even then she's really too close to money for it to really work though. Oh well. I guess we are stuck being told millionaires can't find a handyman past 5 PM.

• Members

Had they kept Mariah as a gopher instead of trying to give her Hilary's life, it could have worked. But you're right, she'd have to move out of Sharon's and have a proud husband who won't accept any money from "those Newmans". 

• Members

I'm trying to understand the whole Victoria/Lily drama just because B&S is at Newman. What really changed except writing Victoria as a 'horrible' boss? If anything, the security of NE v. a stand-alone restart (with Billy/Cane/Victoria constantly fighting for power) should have had the opposite effect.

I'd rather have JT/Lily get it on behind Victoria/Cane's back instead of Lily quitting a job she loves - that's just poor writing. I'm sure it's to cause 'stress' to Lane with Lily being at home, having to care for Sam, etc.   

• Members

No, more like moving Lily to HWG to be a thorn in Hilary's side as she tries to have Devon's baby. Having lily probably be boss to this waif that Hilary decided to mother in an episode as said waif has a forbidden rich boy/girl from wrong side of tracks romance with Charles Ashby. 

• Members

That's what Y&R was trying to do with Tessa but CF is a terrible actress so nobody wants to see it.

Please register in order to view this content

The last working class family were the Guittierez which the show stupidly ditched because of budget issues & backstage drama.

Making Lily the Nikki to Shauna's Sharon.

• Members

It actually makes sense for the roles to be reversed with Hilary not wanting Charlie to date Shauna so Shauna can remain focused on achieving her goals with Lily encouraging the friendship/relationship because she'd feel Shauna is a good influence on aloof Charlie

• Members

Yes, yes. That would work!  Charlie is a child of privilege who thinks that he doesn't have to go to school to learn anything or work for it but that his uncle Devon would just give him everything he needs as a start in life. If I was Hillary, I wouldn't want my surrogate daughter around him either. 

More like 15. 

Archived