Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Members

I mean they don't have to introduce a family.. but a wrong side of the track type of character like Nina back in the 80s.. or even Nikki back in the late 70s (who grew up poor and married into money while her older sister Casey worked her way through college/medical school).

And I think the show should do some house cleaning.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
1 minute ago, Soaplovers said:

I mean they don't have to introduce a family.. but a wrong side of the track type of character like Nina back in the 80s.. or even Nikki back in the late 70s (who grew up poor and married into money while her older sister Casey worked her way through college/medical school).

I feel they tried to do that with Tessa but it backfired..

Edited by YRfan23

• Members
9 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

They kind of have a start with Mariah.  On the one hand, it's never made sense to me that Sharon didn't offer to send her to college or give her some money. Once they got close and Mariah proved trustworthy, I mean.  On the other hand, I guess that could lead to Mariah and a partner having a middle class family.  I think that's about the closest this show could come to middle class. Not that I think they will do any of that, mind you.

Mariah is the co-host of a syndicated TV show that they've told us I'd uber successful. She shouldn't be hurting for money either. 

3 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

Maybe this Shauna can be that. But not if she's Devon and Hilary's surrogate child. 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members
1 minute ago, ajsp35801 said:

Mariah is the co-host of a syndicated TV show that they've told us I'd uberr successful. She shouldn't be hurting for money either. 

Maybe this Shauna can be that. But not if she's Devon and Hilary's surrogate child. 

It would be pretty easy for them to put her in that position though.  Just lose the job and add a wife/husband and kid with expensive problems.  Even then she's really too close to money for it to really work though. Oh well. I guess we are stuck being told millionaires can't find a handyman past 5 PM.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

It would be pretty easy for them to put her in that position though.  Just lose the job and add a wife/husband and kid with expensive problems.  Even then she's really too close to money for it to really work though. Oh well. I guess we are stuck being told millionaires can't find a handyman past 5 PM.

Had they kept Mariah as a gopher instead of trying to give her Hilary's life, it could have worked. But you're right, she'd have to move out of Sharon's and have a proud husband who won't accept any money from "those Newmans". 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

I'm trying to understand the whole Victoria/Lily drama just because B&S is at Newman. What really changed except writing Victoria as a 'horrible' boss? If anything, the security of NE v. a stand-alone restart (with Billy/Cane/Victoria constantly fighting for power) should have had the opposite effect.

I'd rather have JT/Lily get it on behind Victoria/Cane's back instead of Lily quitting a job she loves - that's just poor writing. I'm sure it's to cause 'stress' to Lane with Lily being at home, having to care for Sam, etc.   

• Members
3 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

I'm trying to understand the whole Victoria/Lily drama just because B&S is at Newman. What really changed except writing Victoria as a 'horrible' boss? If anything, the security of NE v. a stand-alone restart (with Billy/Cane/Victoria constantly fighting for power) should have had the opposite effect.

I'd rather have JT/Lily get it on behind Victoria/Cane's back instead of Lily quitting a job she loves - that's just poor writing. I'm sure it's to cause 'stress' to Lane with Lily being at home, having to care for Sam, etc.   

No, more like moving Lily to HWG to be a thorn in Hilary's side as she tries to have Devon's baby. Having lily probably be boss to this waif that Hilary decided to mother in an episode as said waif has a forbidden rich boy/girl from wrong side of tracks romance with Charles Ashby. 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members
1 hour ago, Juliajms said:

On the other hand, I guess that could lead to Mariah and a partner having a middle class family.  I think that's about the closest this show could come to middle class. Not that I think they will do any of that, mind you.

That's what Y&R was trying to do with Tessa but CF is a terrible actress so nobody wants to see it.

Please register in order to view this content

1 hour ago, Soaplovers said:

I think the show is missing a working class/middle class family... When was the last time the show had that represented? 

The last working class family were the Guittierez which the show stupidly ditched because of budget issues & backstage drama.

42 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

No, more like moving Lily to HWG to be a thorn in Hilary's side as she tries to have Devon's baby. Having lily probably be boss to this waif that Hilary decided to mother in an episode as said waif has a forbidden rich boy/girl from wrong side of tracks romance with Charles Ashby. 

Making Lily the Nikki to Shauna's Sharon.

• Members
7 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

That's what Y&R was trying to do with Tessa but CF is a terrible actress so nobody wants to see it.

The last working class family were the Guittierez which the show stupidly ditched because of budget issues & backstage drama.

Correct. Which is OOC for lily who brought Devon home like a stray puppy and forced Neil and Dru to let him stay. But whatever gets lily vs Hilary fighting again, I guess. 

• Members

It actually makes sense for the roles to be reversed with Hilary not wanting Charlie to date Shauna so Shauna can remain focused on achieving her goals with Lily encouraging the friendship/relationship because she'd feel Shauna is a good influence on aloof Charlie

• Members
1 hour ago, edgeofnik said:

Like I said above, its a reverse story of Neil and Dru, except this time Lily will be forced to be ok with it instead of having idle hands. 

• Members
1 hour ago, DeeeDee said:

Fact!  It's become painful sadly.  No doubt this will be Y&R's excuse not to try another gay couple for the next 5 years.

• Members
1 hour ago, DeeeDee said:

It actually makes sense for the roles to be reversed with Hilary not wanting Charlie to date Shauna so Shauna can remain focused on achieving her goals with Lily encouraging the friendship/relationship because she'd feel Shauna is a good influence on aloof Charlie

Yes, yes. That would work!  Charlie is a child of privilege who thinks that he doesn't have to go to school to learn anything or work for it but that his uncle Devon would just give him everything he needs as a start in life. If I was Hillary, I wouldn't want my surrogate daughter around him either. 

23 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

Fact!  It's become painful sadly.  No doubt this will be Y&R's excuse not to try another gay couple for the next 5 years.

More like 15.