Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TPTB likely inserted Mariah and Tessa into Hilary & Devon's story to subtly conceal the fact that they were pulling away from the LGTB love story, to give these two characters "something to do", a scenario where they could still be in each other's orbit without an actual romance.

I keep saying that Y&R is probably the most conservative of the remaining shows, on the most conservative of the broadcast networks.  I never believed that the relationship between Mariah and Tessa would go beyond a kiss and some suggestive flirtation, along with declarations of desire.

Perhaps MY had intentions of testing the waters and an initial investment but soon got scared off, for whatever reasons.

IMO I believe that what is being shown now, with both characters ended up at HWG, somehow working awkwardly in the same office is a way for MY to try to finesse the situation. 

• Members

What happened to the school girl that Hillary was mentoring?  I remember Hillary found out that she wasn't taking her SATs and hadn't been going to school, but I don't think they've mentioned her since.  Guess it was just a tool to show Devon that Hillary had changed dramatically.  

• Members

The singer Simone is due back soon. The actress has been filming. 

I don't know what happened to the Shauna, Hilary's waif. It's like the show shelved that to focus on lily vs Hilary arguing about Hilary having Devon's baby and Lily scheming. The better story would have been then arguing over the teens dating and Charlie being a bad influence on Shauna. We can never seem to get the good stuff. 

Well, I can't agree with that being that Tessa and Mariah began centered in Devon and Hilary's story. 

• Members

With it being the 45th anniversary month/week it would've been nice to have Jack have a quick flashback to the time he left Victor left for dead before he decided to call the cops, I assume we were supposed to be reminded of that when he stopped outside and changed his mind, but I believe it would've been a nice added touch. Did think it was hilarious he took it as a chance to steal some of Victor's stuff lol.

Do we know if Ashley ever took a paternity test? She seemed to brush off the possibility of Jack not being an Abbott.

I need them to slow their roll on Nick/Sharon.

Archived