GH: July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

They were all great, and how novel it is to watch a scene with actual GH actors and not refugees from Y&R and the land of forgotten soaps. There is something to history on soaps, and watching a couple of days featuring actors and a family who have been on forever is a lot more rewarding than all the ephemeral and forgettable characters the show usually serves up. It's a let down to go from Luke, Laura and Lucky to Billy Miller or Sam discussing Billy Miller, or for that matter Sam in general. TG and JJ laid it on thick but they were nice scenes and the scene in front of Liz's house was perfect with Lucky being afraid to knock.

BH will knock it out of the park because this is going to her wheelhouse.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Those were nice scenes. I wished there were flashbacks though. JJ and Geary probably are the best father/son acting duo in soaps. I can't think of a better duo. They are always 'on' when acting opposite each other.

I don't agree with this Jake-is-alive storyline but I can't wait until Monday because of Becky and JJ. We got real Luke/Lucky today and on Monday we'll get real Lucky/Liz.

• Members

Forcing Todd, John and Starr on us and that whole Prospect Park drama just completely changed the way the show was going. I really resent them being forced on us and all of that drama that it entailed, then the new characters forced on us that were simply clones of who they played. Ron's GH fell apart then and really hasn't recovered. I've actually liked a few bits here and there and yes I appreciate the vets he pulls out of the woodworks for a cameo (we wouldn't get any of them under Guza or possibly under another head writer ... just saying ... be careful what you wish for. It COULD get worse).

When we get actual emotion and drama and characters that viewers care about, it makes a world of difference. It's like Ron is writing several different shows under the name General Hospital. The cast is just too large and all he does is add to it.

• Members

For the first time in a long time, I was wishing the hour wasn't over. I sat up when JJ's Lucky saw Jake, and then when they were outside of Elizabeth's house. I noticed that the credits said today's episode was directed by FV...maybe he's found his calling and should be a director and not EP. JJ and Geary are a force when they are opposite each other. It's an undeniable chemistry. BM and Becky were good, I felt for Elizabeth when Jason left the house. Emme Rylan is still making me long for Julie Marie Berman's Lulu (Sorry Slick Jones!) JMB would be kicking the hell out of these scenes. It was great seeing LC today, and she's on Monday, too!

• Members

Emme Rylan was just awful this week, so it's not the time to bring up JMB's acting sins.

In those dramatic scenes with DZ, Rylan was a blah, a big nothing. I read criticism here of DZ, but I thought he did really good work, especially since Rylan gave him nothing in return. She's just not Lulu.

And I highly doubt JJ wants to return to GH full time, or even recurring. He's doing plenty on Nashville in a starring role.

KM is "so busy directing"? Uh....when do these productions come out? LOL If her last visit was any indication, she's bored with GH anyway. Plus that hair. God.

Archived