GH: July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The creepy obsessed look in Valerie's eye today made me think "Lisa Niles 2.0." I hope that's not the case but this is ReRon we're talking about.

I get that they tried to give Valerie a POV in today's episode but it is just confusing. Are we supposed to think she's been manipulating Dante the whole time, getting the police job, talking about her dead mom etc.? Or is she just now realizing she has strong feelings for him and was completely innocent and sweet before this? I just don't understand the character's motivations or how long these feelings for Dante have been around.

• Members

That scene was very sad. It was like CT was telling TG goodbye and Helena was saying farewell to the show in case she isn't invited back. I guess there is still the Stavros baby thing, but CT's dialogue about swan songs was depressing. I know everyone here almost feels the only important characters are the ones from 2002-2012 but I think GH is going to be devastated by Luke being gone. No more Helena, no more visits from Holly or Ethan, no more super villains, no nothng except Jason and the pointless women that love him and mob bullshit and baby bullshit and more of the same garbage starring the same characters who never really mattered to GH even 1/100th as much as Luke did. Luke brought a completely different dynamic when he went frontburner and there is nobody on the show to replace him.

• Members

It's sad that Helena won't have any scenes with Lucky. They had a rivalry that was independent of her rivalry with Luke. I loved that scene where Lucky tells her: "don't mistake me for my father. I don't get a thrill out of sparring with you."

I started watching the show just as Paul Hornsby was leaving. I remember seeing him and Jenny get married the day that Mac and Felicia were supposed to, I think because Mac was injured. I remember him and Mac getting a bomb out of the church. I seem to remember that he was more of the hero type than the stereotypical schemer that he is being portrayed as this time around. I also remember feeling that something was off (historically speaking) when Dillon first appeared 10 years ago and he met Mac. Mac acted like he didn't really know who he was, or where he fell on the Quartermaine tree, but I thought that Mac and Paul were friends.

• Members

I kind of remember Paul being sketchy back then. He wasn't a heroic type character. Jenny was, but he was a pretty good match for Tracy at first, because he wasn't afraid to be dirty in business. I didn't hate Jenny, but I always rooted for Tracy back then.

• Members

I see your point, quartermainefan. However, I stopped liking Luke Spencer a long time ago and it's mainly because of TG. I think we got so many awful things (no L&L reunion, Ethan Spencer, Jake dying) because TG got his way on everything. I'm so glad he's leaving. It's time for a change. Now if we could only get rid of Frank and Ron.

• Members

;) ReRon explains why he did this lol

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ghs-head-writer-why-we-resurrected-jake

"It really was not something we were planning to do," says GH Head Writer Ron Carlivati of the decision to undo the 2011 demise of Liz and Jason's bio son, Jake. But while brainstorming Luke's grand finale, he and his team "were trying to come up with a purpose behind this adventure and a lasting impact for this adventure and something that would have emotional resonance for Luke and also, obviously, have a big impact on the rest of the canvas, so as much as it was an exit story, it was also the start of a story for other people." Of course, what with Jake having been an on-screen organ donor for Josslyn, "We had to pull out a bag of tricks and go to our go-to person, Helena Cassadine, for help, and made it work."

• Members

I know most won't agree, but JJ's scenes with Tony were heartfelt, and I was reminded why I always thought of JJ as the real Lucky. It wouldn't have killed him to shave after finding Jake, though! (Before anyone says anything, Greg Vaughan as hot junkie Lucky runs a really close second!!)

MONICA! and about f uckin time!!!!! I've missed LC(and her FUF, usually not quite settled) but I have one question...If Jake is alive, doesn't that screw up Nikolas's takeover? He is a Great Grandchild of Edward, so won't the shares be reassigned?Or were Jake's percent already accounted for?

Did Tracey and Paul get lost at the pool? And where did Luke/Lucky/Jake/Laura find the Transporter to wind up in PC in the same time Monica/Dillon had a conversation...???

Archived