GH: July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right? Today's episode was surprisingly good and emotional. It felt like GH should feel. I can't believe Monica got a full episode. But it was with the pet.

Why is little Jake now acting like Stone Cold jr though? All I get is a child of the corn vibe as he side eyes his mother.

• Members

I was crying like a baby through the JJ and Geary scenes on Friday as well their goodbye scenes today and through all of the scenes surrounding Jake's return today. Becky was extraordinary. LC also did fantastic work with Billy, I hope she is used more in the months ahead. FANTASTIC episode. I agree, it's so so sad to realize it could be thisgood every day but it isn't.

• Members

id have enjoyed today's scenes better had their been any build up to this mess. Let me guess? It all happened off screen?

I FFd Jake and Monica's scenes. I'm over everyone interacting with him and talking about Jason, not realizing he is Jason.

Valerie? Dumb ho. Why is she talking to Jordan about Dante's personal love life?

• Members

I,too, enjoyed the show today. Y'know Ron, now is the time to fess up and show that you can be a decent writer when you put your mind to it... Start dropping your failure stories and work with the talent that was there when you arrived.

BH was amazing and her chemistry with JJ has NEVER been doubted by this viewer. And, wow, TG brought it today...After years of phoning it in,the JJ/TG scenes showed me a side of Geary not seen since Labine was writing. Now, if only it could continue...

At first, I was disappointed that Laura/Lucky weren't going to have any one on one scenes together, I was disappointed, but now I see why! With the limited time JJ had to appear, they did a great job using him to the fullest!!!

• Members

I stayed home yesterday and watched in between The Serena Slam on TC and I don't get the excellent emotional show some of you did.

Craptini threw a bunch of "we know history" sh!t at the wall and hoped it was accepted by viewers. Sadly, it was. Frank Smith was for what reason? His daughter wanting to sex up Luke? Why? Luke just prances onto the island and gets a BFTD kid?

JJ doesn't move me one bit. I can't stand the sight of his crying ass. I changed the channel immediately.

The biggest problem with yesterday was that Becky was given NOTHING to work with. Guess your last name has to be West. Did Jake come back from death or a field trip? The kid stands at the door, commercial, Liz hugs him and then lets him out of her sight at least 3 times. Does that make sense to anyone? She has to go outside and talk to Lucky. Oh, go in the kitchen and do whatever... How anyone could think this was good soap is completely beyond me. Liz should have run the gamut of emotions from denial to reality before she went near that kid. Becky literally had nothing to work with. There was no Emmy work because TIIC reserve the "meaty" stuff for pets.

I guess because the eppy was not polluted with worthless newbies, it seemed like a good show. For Craptini, perhaps it was. For real writers? You would have gotten so much more. Liz/Becky should have owned that eppy, especially since she will be the only character left standing when all is said and done. Crusty and Crybaby are leaving.

• Members

The writing on this show is just horrible. I just can't stand the way Lucky is being written…of course all of character are…its nice to see JJ and GF in scenes again….it gets worse tomorrow though with Carlivati's pets back again in full force. Only two decent episodes with horrible writing and tomorrow we get the awful characters back with awful writing to boot…how nice.

• Members

I thought the Luke/Lucky scene on the porch was excellent. It was long, well-written and clearly the only time 30 Seconds to Frank would ever allow any scene to run that long or go that deep. He clearly made an exception for TG and JJ. It felt like the old GH for the first time in years, and Tony felt like his old self again. They also have kept hitting that character throughline they've touched on in recent days, where Luke tells Lucky he made a fundamental mistake turning away from Laura and the kids or rewriting history because of his darkness. This was the second time in several days, it was brought up during the diner stuff a couple weeks ago with Laura as well, and I'm surprised Tony played that. The bit about Lucky's darkness doesn't make much sense, but they both played it very well. I wonder if Frank let Liz Korte write those scenes or if the actors worked on them, because it bore very, very little resemblance to anything else on current GH.

I agree with Chit that the huge errors came with the Liz scenes. Rushed to give time over to Lucky and Luke, but also to [!@#$%^&*] like Jordan, Val, Dante, Lulu, etc. That was unforgivable. Becky has been giving her lame material 200% but they rushed the reveal of her dead son (who I wholly endorse bringing back). Liz should've been on the floor, passed out, and then in shock shaking like a leaf for days. They should've spent an entire hour on her reaction alone, then as she began to get her bearings with help from friends and family, put the other scenes off for today.

• Members

And how horrible is Tony Geary and his acting…he gets worse everyday …How did he win all these Emmys? I will say the only time he has acted without yelling or overacting is scenes with JJ besides that he is one awful actor.

Liz insta reaction to her son being alive is laughable….

Archived