Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

If people think the show has sped up since Charles Pratt has become Head Writer, wait till you see Monday's episode. I'm hoping it's just a Sweeps 'momentum' (if you will) and not the new norm because that kind of pace on a consistent basis will burn through stories. All sizzle and no steak in my opinion.

At this rate, Connor will be celebrating the birth of his 3rd child by Friday...

That kind of episode once upon a time:

1) Would have taken at least 3 days to tell, playing all the correct beats and given each reaction to each revelation time to sink in with the viewers, accompanied by a suitable Kurtz, Davidson and and Alloco score. Oh sigh...

But more importantly...

2) it would have been broadcast on ABC or NBC, not on the Young and the Restless.

But I guess, barring some kind of backlash or epiphany from one of the TV executives, scenario 1 is a distant memory and me and others like me aren't the viewers daytime want anymore.

"If you want pauses, go and see a Pinter play, if you want something complex, go and see Shakespeare, doesn't the library have books with loads of meaningful words? Daytime TV doesn't want you anymore" - jaded soap watcher from London grateful for some quality in Emmerdale.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOLLLLLL ABBY. Am I the only one feeling bad for Austin right now?

Summer is reallllllly annoying. But I thought it was pretty funny that Mariah kept throwing insults at Summer and Summer just kinda shrugged it off and changed the subject. She looked like a whimp. Haha.

• Members

I'm confused about Neil's anger toward Jill too. She didn't know about the affair or the blackmail, so she should be in the Lily column.

The only thing I can think of is that whatever Neil has in that briefcase he's clutching will hurt her too, so for plot purposes he has to be angry at her also????

I can't think of anything Neil would have that could hurt Devon & Hillary that much...

-Divorce papers? Devon & Hillary would be celebrating. lol

-Devon's' adoption papers to tear up or void? So what he's not a kid anymore, and Devon's bio-daddy & YoHarmony were desperate to fill the parent roles.

- Something to destroy Chancellor Industries? That mainly hurts Jill. She's been about everything Chancellor most of her life. Hillary wouldn't be hurt, and all Devon would lose is money- money that his bio-daddy could wire over and replace for him within the hour.

The only thing Neil could do to hurt Devon is keep Hillary from him, and Neil doesn't have the power to do that.

• Members

Today's episode was just not good for me. At all. There were parts of Neil's reveal that were pretty good, but that was quickly gone once "the briefcase" took all the attention. The way Neil was clutching onto it at the end was laughable.

Kevin was completely out of place with the youngins at the cabin. The punch is spiked, oh my. any potential drama from someone getting hurt is gone. Besides Mariah, is anyone invested in these people?

The Underground. Too many characters, awkward interactions and too much time devoted to ones I couldn't care less about. Even the ones I usually like (Phyllis, Gabriel/Adam, Nikki) felt off to me somehow.

The pacing is way too fast.

• Members

The Neil stuff was the only interesting part of todays show. I am tired of Ashley and her love potion perfume fight with Victor…talk about boring…..the whole Phyliss being crazy is boring too…Jack looks like an idiot…..And if Austin is really dead of course it was Kelly. He was probably working with Kelly to make Phyliss look crazy…just a hunch on my part.

• Members

If that's the case, then that would be one helluva poorly written story! There's no indication that they even know each other. Their acquaintance would have had to have been made offscreen, which defeats the purpose of proper storytelling...then again, a lot of story takes place off-screen these days, which I've never understood why they do this.

Ashley's storyline could have been halfway interesting had someone invested some time into crafting a decent storyline. The love potion was a goof from the very beginning. It is hard to believe that Ashley would've spent a year formulating a product that could only have had popularity when Spanish fly or human pheromones were all the rage. There is too much to write down about what is wrong with this story. I wrote a lengthy post awhile ago detailing how I wished they had written it and some g*ddamn love potion would not have figured in any scenario at all.

The Winters have one of two interesting stories on this show but yeah, there are times, like the briefcase, where I watch Neil, in particular, and cannot keep a straight face. The contents of the briefcase don't provide me with any sense of impending peril or cause for worry.

Well, at least there's the plane crash...

• Members

If it's a bomb no way anyone would make it out alive once the plane crashes. It's a gun or nothing just Neil torchering Devon,Hilary and Cane for lieing to him.

As for who died it will be Austin in which gives Kyle to come home and comfort Summer. Think Joe is connected to Austin and who ever was behind the land deal kills both of them to avenge the deal falling apart.

Archived