Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Playing catch up, just finished Wednesday and Thursdays shows.

MTS was good in the Nikki drinking reveal scenes. Morrow and Heinle were...um....Morrow and Heinle.

I actually feel bad for Kelly now, and you can tell GT was having fun on Wednesday's episode

The hospital scenes with Jackass and Victor were hilarious.

I'm not here for NuKyle. I liked the business minded playboy characterization they had with the last guy, now we're back to generic douchey sarcastic frat dude. He doesn't even look any older than Summer and this whole Cabin mess still makes no damn sense.

The Hillary reveal is effin stupid but I don't even care at this point, so long as we never have to see Hillary lovin on Neil again. MM is so delicious playing the bitch too, just hope she's not being thrown in a corner she can't get out of.

Its unfortunate Lily, BeastMaster, and his daddy didn't die in the plane, get mauled by a bear, drown in a lake, die from unnoticed brain injuries from the accident, or something.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whoever the casting department is using has recast 3 for 3. Adam, Phyllis, and Kyle are great. Now, about Burgess Meredith, Gap tooth, and Princess Barbie(Abby)...

Seriously, did they really need to chem test Sage with Cane? Both are four letter words in my vocab...Marry em off and send them out to live happily ever after(OFF MY SCREEN!!!!)

• Members

Friday's episode is actually pretty good.

JFP got all her peeps living in the Abbott mansion. The toast scene at the end had me intrigued how this dynamic plays out, mainly because MCE and JH are selling it. The BROADWAY STAR is just a typical friend of Jill who doesn't fit in so they're throwing her everywhere on canvas, and this Billy should have been recast or the character written off. He's reminds me of Timmothy Gibbs Kevin from OLTL

Hillary wub.png Am I the only one enjoying her getting a heel turn? I think she really does love Devon but I can buy this all starting out as her wanting revenge on Neil. Mishael Morgan is playing it well even though it reeks of typical Pratt sh!t. The venom in her scenes with Neil, when she threw the ring at Devon, the dismissive daggers in her scene with Lily (lol'd at the dramatic music played during "I can be a buzzsaw too"), the scene crying in bed at the end because of Devon, it was all great.

They wasted no time with Summer and Kyle, I feel like they made a mistake killing off Austin to kick off this story. He actually was alright in those newly created flashback scenes with Abby. They could have told this stuff without killing him off and been able to play the story out for at least a couple of years.

Can't wait for Phyllis vs The Bug.

• Members

I watched Friday's episode. I've been a spotty viewer but I confess, I'm hooked. On another board someone said that Summer gave that Tie to Austin a year ago. If true, I think we may be seeing a tale of Abby and Austin's affair told in flashbacks for a long time. What little I've seen is pretty clever. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to what comes next but I promise I won't be a Suzy Sunshine Troll since we have one already. But for now, Pratt has surprised me. No way do I think the old team would have pulled off the twists with Abby'nAustin, Victor'nKelly, AND Hillary going all self sacrificing and playing the bitch to reunite Neill and Devon. Those are all rewrites imo and I'm intrigued. Some kind soul will have to point out the gaps because he appears to be using a lot of history finagling. If he pays attention to the details it could work nicely imo.

• Members

Idk if Friday was thaaaaat good. However call me crazy but I enjoyed the whole week for the most part. All those ridiculous events at once last week was overkill but the aftermath has actually held steady. I guess it doesn't say much when comparing the show to the cartoon that is GH, the awful character hell that is Days and B&B which I only watch off and on because the show has no heart and is all plot all the time, but YR is coming out looking pretty good. I don't have much hope that it will stay good for long but at least its entertaining atm. Or hell at least just watchable unlike the other 3.

• Members

I'm back to watching after seeing several episodes - and, at least, I get the sense that the disasters are leading to potential stories for the next few months. They did shake up the canvas, relationships, etc. I'm cautious, but optimistic.

The pluses:

1. Filling the Abbott household again - way overdue

2. Several umbrella stories that have pulled together characters that have been on fringes and not quite fit in (Abby was always kind of out there, but now she's part of a group dynamic. CG certainly helped MO up her game.)

3. Victor/Jack - first time in a long time I've enjoyed the interaction and, of course, Victor has a plan

4. The twist with Hilary - even if she is faking it. MM sure knows how to spit fire. I hope we see more of that

5. Nikki reveal. MS gives it all. Her children - to be expected

The negatives (and really minor):

1. Lane - Jill was the only voice of reason here and the scenes with JW/CK were actually done well. Not sure what the writers are going for here because Lily has forgiven Cane for far worse. Making Lily unreasonable and unlikable isn't the way to go. Now if it pushes her into Joe's arms, I'll change my position.

2. Phyllis - the character is kind of all over the place right now and her scenes seem forced - not natural. I was not buying Phyllis/Jack at hospital at all. Don't let GT slip away!

3. Nick/Sage. I mean really who cares. Same with Dullard/Sharon - just DON'T.

4. Kevin part of the cabin gang. With Noah, Kyle, Fen, plenty of men for Summer, Abby and Mariah

Archived