Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

They're not pairing Kyle and Fen, dude, get over it. Pratt had Austin clunkily foreshadowing Kyle and Summer out of nowhere in dialogue two weeks ago, before the storm.

I knew they would do some insane [!@#$%^&*] with Hillary like that.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok, maybe not SONY, but they pull a lot of crap....I think it's CBS more then anything......I honestly forget sometimes that Days is owned by SONY too....but I thought it was SONY who said that no "CORR" family characters can be gay (on Y&R)

The sad thing is that I would be all for a lesbian story too, but yes not with Pratt in charge......

I for some reason rather them do the Gay story on Y&R, and a Lesbian story on B&B .....though at this point it doesn't really matter, cause we will probably never get a story for that anyway....

• Members

I'm surprised the show hasn't tried to bring back Scotty(even during the Daisy mess). None of the Schmidt brothers seem to be working anymore really(a stark contrast from a few years ago) but I think Kevin burnt his bridges with Y&R when Phelps took over.

As far a gay storyline on Y&R, well I still have very, very bad memories of the summer of 2009 in the deep dark corner of my head.

• Members

I sometimes do wonder if maybe at some point they thought of bringing Scotty back.....I doubt it, but it just seems like you can easily replace Daniel in that horrible mess he got into with Daisy in 2010-2011 with baby Lucy and put Scotty in his place.....considering that Sheila seduced Scott and almost carried his child, this would be a karma thing for Lauren if Daisy seduced Scotty and actually had Lucy with him instead....

"shudders" I don't even want to remember that trash, but it was only cause I think Scott would have worked in that story...

• Members

Oh please....

MAB: "So yeah like uh, Chris Engen didn't want to do this gay kiss with Rafe, so uh like Michael Muhney just came in one day you know, and like he was totally cool about the kissing, so yeah that's why we hired him cause he was totally awesome sauce bout everything like totally.....oh and the best part was that we didn't even see the big kiss happen on camera you know...yeah we kind of just had Adam pretend he was seducing Rafe you know that thing of seducing an innocent lawyer is totally hot and he did actually kiss him, but we just thought it would be better for the audience to use their imaginary or fan fiction or whatever it is they tried to steal my thunder with.....I guess you can say like we were just more into getting press, then actually seriously doing a gay story, like seriously My beloved father in law attempted that in the 70's and we are just honoring his memory by not actually taking the time to tell this story, cause you know even if it's been you know like 30 odd years now and that thing is totally cool, we just want to you know honor history, but I think we still got that gay story up and pumping".....toodles...."

There is something wrong with me.....blink.png LOL

• Members

I was just wondering if when Ashley discovers Gabriel is Adam she'll have a flashback and we'll see Hartley in the purple dress(which should be enough to drain out that god awful image of Muhney gleefully wearing it taking selfies in his dressing room). 

Don't forget this gem-- perhaps that's what Austin is doing?

photo yr9.jpg

• Members

That's what gets me the most. The soap "press" actually praised her for her bravery with this fiasco, and the Philip rewrites that ultimately went nowhere. And they praised Muhney for his bravey in...running his thumb along a dumbass twink's mouth? Wow. It really does get better...

• Members

Oh God, I remember how happy we were supposed to be that Philip and Rafe might get together, even though he was younger than Philip's son and they had never even met. Talk about "only gay in the village" syndrome. I'm glad someone killed that, whether it was for homophobic reasons or not.

Rafe was so pointless and so stupid. Frankly the only believable role I would have seen him in was that when Billy was drunk enough he probably asked Rafe to give him head (if he could get it up). They had that type of vibe.

• Members

I think beyond the intro for Chance (ugh that name), it was just one of MAB's many LOOK AT ME THIS IS MY SHOW NOW I AM DOING WHAT BILL BELL SHOULD HAVE DONE LOOK AT ME!!! moments.

And if they'd actually worked with the character, and had him interact more with Nina, and Katherine, and Jill (as Thom did OK with them), it might have been worth it to see him as part of the larger Chancellor family, which is now all but depleted thanks to Beau and Jeanne being gone.

Instead he was back for like two weeks of rushed story, and then back long enough to hiss to Cane about evol cattle rustlerz!

Archived