Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We might have cared, if we'd seen this guy even half a dozen times onscreen. He's basically anonymous until now, so it's hard to really care. Y&R used to get this type of attention to detail right back in the Bell days. We would've seen this guy for at least six months (with dialogue) before this happened.

...or dying, don't forget dying. But I wouldn't be surprised if she were trying to say she was pregnant or something, that might explain her urgency in telling Neil that she and Devon were together and why she was so upset that Devon kept pressing her to wait.

I'm glad someone wiped that soot off of Nikki's face, she was starting to look like this guy:

wpid-bluefacemanuns_450x250.jpg

• Members

I was thinking last week that this reminds me of what happened to DAYS when James E. Reilly took over as head writer in the early '90s. What had been a classic old-school soap about family and young lovers and medical crises and the occasional murder mystery suddenly became a wacky, over-the-top soap that was recognizable only because the same actors were onscreen. Of course, Reilly went way crazy with his stories (Carly buried alive, Sami on death row, Marlena's possession), and the ratings soared. We'll know soon if Pratt's (much less imaginative but still destructive) storytelling works the same magic at Y&R. Regardless, we are witnessing the death of Y&R as we knew it.

• Members

By the time Reilly took over Days the show already had a reputation for outlandishness(evil twins or evil dopplegangers, time travel, two Romans etc) and the two styles clicked at the right time. At least Reilly's first two and a half years provided entertainment, something the current drivel on Y&R does not.

• Members

I will say, I've actually enjoyed the Newman family scenes today. Braeden seems to have been in a good mood on set that day.

Slightly Australian accent-NuNuKyle is already an improvement.

JH is so good as Adam, you honestly forget he hasn't been playing the character all along. He has excellent chemistry with PB.

• Members

The scenes were a little too much with Jack and Victor, but I'm also glad that Victor wasn't being as pushy as usual.....I sort of always wanted them to get to this point with Jack and Victor where they play their scenes more for "comedy" and it's just 2 old men bickering but I don't think they would ever allow them to really take it that far...but I can see Pratt getting more power over Braeden....so there is probably going to be more scenes like that...

Is anyone else glad despite the fact that he's part of a "group" story that Noah finally has some decent airtime....and even mixing it up with more people? I liked the other day where he was talking to Paul, Michael and Lauren....

Archived