Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Chelsea when she has scenes with Gabriel/Adam. I hope there are more. I could do with less Chelsea/Billy though. snoozefest.

Considering that the Adam/Gabriel story is one of the main stories the show has going I'm not surprised that MCE would be heavily involved in scripts.

• Members

Oh, God. When it rains, it pours. :lol:

The only reason the Adam story is (somewhat) working is because of Justin Hartley. That's it. Hartley is carrying the whole story, its characters/actors and every single scene he's in, including MCE. MCE was, is, and always will be insufferably boring on her own. Past glories from AMC be damned.

• Members

IA Hartely is just about the best thing on the show right now. MCE isn't horrible and I liked her with Dylan but she can't save the chemistry free scenes with Billy. I don't think anyone could.

Speaking of insufferable, Devon and Hillary are selfish buttholes and I wish they would both get struck by lightening and die. Well, maybe just Devon should die but they really do suck. When they played Neil's flashback's today it really brought home what a liar Hillary is. I was hoping Neil would stumble upon an iHOP go in and order breakfast and let the rest of the survivors freeze. Although nobody looked cold today, in fact they looked like they were hot wrapped up in blankets and coats,lol.

Interesting make up choices today. Nikki looked like Violet Beauregarde after chewing the blueberry gum and Nick looked like a Romulan.

I wonder how many times Kelley is going to let Phyllis smack her across the face before it's a full on cat fight.

• Members

Which, of course, is all sorts of ridiculous because no newbie should be better than 98% of the cast. Ever.

I agree with you -- MCE is in no way, shape or form horrible. She's actually pretty good (although nothing phenomenally special). Too bad she has a horrid character that is unbelievably boring most of the time.

Oh, I'm sure Chuckie sees something in her, but it's not her talent. :lol:

• Members

The one thing Chuck Pratt did very well at AMC was bring out the best in Missy Egan - Annie became a completely different character and it was largely due to him. She was hired at Y&R on the strength of that character, whose loss crippled AMC. But Chelsea, for most of her run, has been the pre-Pratt, milquetoast version of Annie who was completely useless. I think she's picked up a bit more spunk and fire recently, and has great chemistry with Hartley. She's also not nearly as pointless as some other female leads at the moment, so at the moment Chelsea is not the waste she has been for forever and a day.

• Members

Sometimes characters are actor-proof. DC hyped Marcy Rylan like she had their families hidden in her basement, and she still flopped with fans and in the writing. Abby was a character who never should have been born, and she just never has fit into the show for me.

• Members

MCE is one of many Y&R actors who struggle to find a connection with scene partners. It's perpetually depressing and stilted to watch. This has never been a happy set, and I guess the lack of rehearsal time and terrible writing just make it even more impossible for actors to form genuine connections.

Archived