Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hey, were you watching ATWT in its final decade? Reminds me of when Gwen and Maddie thought they had killed Adam Munson. And he turned up alive and was tormenting them over it. The story didn't really turn out that well because Adam had always been a good guy but it could work with Austin since he's already shot the chief of police, so he's no saint.

I think the scenario you've just described is probably close to what will happen to be honest.

Y&R is amazingly plotty yet at the same time, filled with huge plot holes. How do they manage that?

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. But at least that story was good. We saw the build up leading to it.

Much like the Adam Munson story, as aforementioned, there is no build up for this story. It's clear that Pratt has been watching HTGAWM and is trying to capitalize off of it. Austin having some secret affair with Abby while cheating on his wife, Summer. Clearly someone on the room 'killed' Austin on Summer's behalf, but I'm sure he'll pop back up and torture the younger generation before meeting his demise [whether jail or hell--i.e. death].

I prefer Shonda Rhimes/Peter Nowalk version better.

This is why I've given up on Y&R for the time being and just read board comments. No need in watching the tragedy. I'd rather allow the ratings to plummet thus leading to regime change or cancellation. Both would be acceptable at this point.

• Members

Well I'm an old as* Guiding Lighter...and I'll say this. Give Gina Tognoni something SUBTLE. She is a fabulous actress. Nothing she's been given has been subtle. She has been given mean, nasty dialogue, and Y&R needs to do better. Secondly...GOD I wish Cynthia Watros was still playing Kelly. Totally different character right now if that happened. Never been a McClain fan. She's hopscotched between many shows for most of her adult life. AMC ATWT AMC ATWT. No. Watros rocked this role at first and would totally do it right now.

Haven't liked Kelly since Cady McClain took over the role.

• Members

Cynthia may have only been on for four months but she took a nothing character and made her interesting within 3-4 weeks. As much as I like CM, it took Cady like 3-4 months for me to have one iota of interest in her version of Kelly. I'm not trying to shade the actress because she seems like a nice person IRL but she's only recently gotten off the struggle bus with her portrayal of Kelly. Granted, the writing is still weird for this character, but when CW took the role, she made something out of virtually nothing.

I could see others wondering how these battles would've played out had it been Gina and Cynthia driving these characters into a collision. I know I'm interested.

Sorry. It's just the parallels, especially in regard to the ages of the characters involved in both storylines that caught my attention. I know she's breakdown, but are we sure Jean P. didn't pitch this one?

• Members

The only thing that can save this horrid cabin story for me is if Austin turns up alive with a manipulative screw loose and tortures the whole crew ala Nick on Days.

And God yes did we miss out with Cynthia Watros leaving, I still get a tingle just thinking of that one scene with her and Stitch at Crimson Lights where she was moving around him like a snake about to pounce on its prey. McClain is alright now but I won't shed a tear when they write Kelly off in a few months (and we all know thats coming).

Just realized I forgot to comment on todays show......I kind of liked the Nikki/Phyllis/Jack/Victor stuff. Everything else?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm sorry but as much as I hate Victor, I laughed when he said "The bastard is alive" when Jack came too, and also when he started yelling for help...the whole scene was unintentionally hilarious.....

The scene with Adam rescuing Billy made me laugh too when he just said "get your useless ass up"....

I guess all of this is some weird attempt at comedy as well....

Is somebody gonna remember to tell Billy about Jill? I'm sorry I know it's been almost 5 years since that horrible rewrite, but no way Lauren would be upset over Jill being on the plane....

oh and did I mention Chuck Pratt ruined one of my favorite horror movies with "I Know what You did Last Summer" at the Abbott cabin....?

Archived