Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really? No one was smart enough to figure out Nikki was drunk until she stumbled on a bar stool, and Victor finally put it together? Really? Nick needs someone to hold the flashlight while he goes to check on the electric box? Really? Sharon actually voicing that her little girl stay alone in the cabin while she goes to get the car? Really? Jack's response to Ashley's smackdown is "Thanks, sis, for your concern, I appreciate it." Really? CBS and Sony, you think this kind of character assassination is going to bring lapsed viewers back, or grab new viewers? A plane crash, a collapsing building, an apartment building on fire... what else could Pratt throw into the mix?? Lame, lazy storytelling, with really lackluster performances by many of the actors. (Hunter King, please get the girl an acting coach STAT!) Owen Renfoe's direction was extremely labored and lackluster too.

• Members

LOL@Jonnysbro's false choices.laugh.png

What you're saying is the equivalent of admonishing someone who once complained that someone served them a big ole glass of urine and called it orange juice but now that they're being served a heaping pile of sh*t instead of meatloaf, that's like saying "Well, you should've drank the pee!"

Well, how about none of these choices and we deserve something fit for human consumption!mad.gif

On a side note, some folks online have been complaining that Lauren & Michael are missing. To them, I say, never fear, I'm sure there's a sinkhole just waiting to engulf them in the next episode.tongue.png

• Members

Thanks! I hope I didn't test people's gag reflexes on that one but I wanted to get the point across, even if a tad extreme.

I'm trying to figure out whether a Kat or a David would exist in the daytime dramas of today. Today's writers/execs would probably make Kat try to kill Gillie and David would probably end up carrying a gun and become an enforcer/bodyguard for Roger Thorpe or someone even lower on the villain scale.

• Members

Pure train wreck this week. The fire looked so fake. I thought it was done from some amateurs. The collapse of the Nick's place was horribly done. And why was Sharon going out in the bad weather?? Seriously because Nick was going to get upset for crashing the car?......Pratt in just one week has turned Y&R into a very cheap, badly written and acted farce of a soap. Pratt sure has put his stamp on the all mighty Y&R.

• Members

What's sad to me is we are being deprived of smart psychological writing that we were finally getting. I will admit the show is moving way too fast and it's very stunt driven. I would have loved to have seen what JP and SA had in store for 2015. If ratings are high cbs will be happy

• Members

Some of the tweets are so damn funny:

@badnecklace I expect the plague and locusts on tomorrow's episode

User Actions
Follow
0wBNX6td_bigger.jpegMala Bhattacharjee@badnecklace

"You know what's better than one February sweeps event hitting town? SIX of them!" Yeah, no. Please stop. #YR

kYd@kydizzel 17h

@badnecklace @Jamey_Giddens Its like they pulled a slot machine for disasters, none lined up so they said fvck it, do em all.

• Members

Just don't call SB or AH for referrals! Man, she was horrible during these episodes. I mean, laughably bad. Even Courtney, who is terribly miscast as a cop, had better control of her character. I don't know why it was this scenario that exposure HK's weaknesses - I thought she'd be able to play with more subtlety. I fear the worst is yet to come with her inevitable meltdown into madness.

• Members

This is the first time she's had to act completely distraught and as you said, she couldn't do it subtly. Part of the problem for someone like HHK is the lack of rehearsal time and retakes, imo. She's good enough at playing the average teen, but this more dramatic stuff is unfortunate.

• Members

We do have to cut the actors some slack as these days there is almost no rehearsal time and they don't redo anything unless it's a major flub. I believe Y&R does two episodes a day, four days a week. That means they're spending 4-5 hours shooting each 37-minute (?) episode. Compare that to the standard episode-a-day schedule of ten yesrs ago or the more lavish schedules of some soaps (Santa Barbara was known to put in 14- to 16-hour days making single episodes), and we can't expect superior quality.

But agreed. HHK need more rehearsal or direction or something.

Archived