Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Wasn't the last time he mentioned Keemo was around the time Diane died and there was tension between him and Kyle over Nikki?

But sh*t like this pisses me off when it comes to Y&R. The actors have too much clout when it comes to story. Had I been head writer, Victor & Jack would've met early demises or recast because Bergman and Braden have too much clout. IMO, Keemo & Kyle should be playing the stories that Jack has. Jack should be transitioning into the role of John. I don't see why that is so bad when John kept story his entire run on the show. Yeah, he was supporting most of the time but he still had a presence on the show.

Y&R's problem is that all the characters are written to be younger than what they are. The characters all need to grow the f*ck up and act their ages on this show.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was it Pratt who did this exact "I Know What You Did Last Summer" ripoff plot with the teens on AMC, back when it was Yaya DaCosta as Cassandra, Brienne Moncrief as Colby, etc.? No, I think that was Brown and Esensten; I think he came in right after. Anyway, he's doing it now for no apparent reason - let's hide Austin's murder! That happened when we were all drugged up! Hilarious.

• Members

NC's style of writing is what I hoped we would see at Y&R after JFP arrived. After all, NC and JFP ( & Co.) made some beautiful soap opera at GL in the early '90s. That show was like a colorful tapestry that wove the characters' lives together in an intricate, unpredictable, totally addictive way. But yeah, NC has said that she was burnt out after GL and she wanted to be a mom. Her kids are all grown now, and NC is still young (in her fifties?). Wish she would turn up somewhere, but she and Pratt would never mesh.

• Members

Given how quickly GL fell apart without Curlee (and I'd say even with her in that last year), JFP bore little responsibility for GL's strengths.

Didn't LML also start with a ridiculously fast pace? I wonder if the same fans who lived in her colon love Pratt. I saw some fans cheering about how that noisy, hollow promo last week was going to show DAYS, and look out DAYS (even though they aren't exactly competing...). I wonder if they still feel that way.

• Members

Neil: Oh and you can burn all of them except the ones of Lily…..ummm…..ok….whatever…big wow NOT….lol

And this after Neil kept giving all of them before and during the flight the evil eye……Neil sure is dangerous aint he….LOL

Archived