Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today's episode was a mess. Too much, too fast, Chuck.

Some of the drama on the plane was good, but the writers exploded everyone's secrets (Hillary, Devon, Colin, Cane) in the span of five minutes. I was hoping Neil's revenge would play out over at least several weeks so we could watch Devon and Hilary squirm. But not time for that! We're moving on!

The stuff with the kids + Kevin at the cabin was dumb. Or is that how kids (who hang out with 40-year-olds) act these days?

It was refreshing to see people and hear music at The Underground. The place has always been so dead. Why would Nikki drink with all of her family and friends in the room? And how is it no one can tell when she's drunk?

This Billy just can't carry the weight required of him. MCE and JH are acting circles around him. How have we not heard rumors of a recast or firing yet?

Where are Michael and Lauren on Valentine's Day?

• Members

I agree. Monday's episode went at breakneck speed, diluting beats, or not playing them at all. This is Charles Pratt and JFP. Speed up the action, don't play most of the beats, keep throwing stuff at the audience and maybe they'll stay tuned. This has never worked long-term in the past, and it won't here. Y&R fans deserve so much better. As we've all said, Y&R was and should be a different kind of soap, but instead CBS, SONY, Pratt and JFP seem hellbent on making it into a carbon copy of all the soaps they've butchered that are no longer on the air. Bill Bell and company would never have jammed so many potentially explosive climaxes into one episode. He would have rolled them out slowly, over days, weeks and months, and mined the emotional beats and fallout. Pratt doesn't get it. JFP doesn't get it. Even Angie McD. doesn't get it. Are disaster plots the only thing Pratt knows how to write?? His Y&R is on steroids. It's already tiresome IMO.

• Members

I don't what show you were watching it was an adrenaline rush and very exciting. Again if u don't like Pratt u all don't have anyone but to blame but yoursrlves. Jean and Shelley were the closest to Kay Alden and Bill Bell I saw. Very solid, serious and smart writing galore but it was too smart for CBS execs and they made a change. Ratings were up all the way from October through December. Maybe if we would praised Jeans work we would have more of the y and r u all wanted but cbs and Sony went in a different direction

Archived