Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hmmm, I don't remember Neil and Rose having a sexual relationship but I could be wrong. The night she died I think it was pretty clear they were both too drunk for sex and passed out in the motel room with their clothes on.

Sooooo good! Hevon are officially busted, yay!!!! This is the best acting I've ever seen out of KSJ, at least since his last trip off the wagon when he went on a major binge. He's great as the pissed off husband and I loved the way he slammed down the scotch after reading the label for everybody. Awesome. And Devon trying to look all concerned, what was that? He's such an ass. Hillary has the right idea, - be afraid, be very afraid.

The scenes between Nick, Faith and Sharon, also awesome! Love Sharon's sweater and the whole Valentine's Day thing and the way Nick is treating Sharon with respect and kindness. Good stuff. Nick and Sage, not awful for once. Those two had some good chemistry happening today. It would have been better though if when he caught her with her shirt off she had slowly pulled it on over her head like "this is what you're missing" kind of thing instead of standing there looking at him in her bra with a dumb expression on her face. Girl has no game.

Loved the millenials Valentine's Day party at the Abbott cabin. Two bottles of tequila, a six pack of beer and no food. What could possibly go wrong? Fen is looking mighty fine and Courtney couldn't make it, another score!

Good thing Billy walked in on Gabriel and Chelsea because it was about to go down.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Devon's tone of voice in questioning Jill today was UNACCEPTABLE! Devon agreed to give Jill the money for CI knowing full well Colin was her husband. While it's fair for him to ask about Colin's staying out of CI business, his tone was more like a reprimand than a question. Jill is not 5 years old, nor is she Devon's property to be spoken to anyway he feels like. She is a mature woman and deserves the same sort of respect Ashley, Victor or Jack would get from a 20 year old.

I could accept Katherine lording over Jill, and accept Victor doing the same simply because every character must be at his mercy, but I WILL NOT WATCH Jill being under the thumb of a 20-something kid who thinks he knows-it-all because he inherited money. It's insulting!

I HATE the sitcoms where the obnoxious child rules the roost. It's not cute or clever. Even worse would be watching a 20 something ride roughshod over a mature woman who has grown up over the life of this show. How old was Jill when Y&R started? 18? Over four decades of development and paying her dues to have ONE of Katherine's heirs walk all over her? Brock, Mac, Phillip & Chance all had there issues with Jill but they treated her like family she is.

• Members

I think Devon's tone was just fine. Jill needs to be reprimanded as of late b/c she's been blinded and dick drunk by Colin [thanks to the past couple of regimes]. If I am investing millions into a company for you to run and your corrupt husband has the tendency to interfere, I'd be talking to Jill crazy too. Her being older would not mean sh*t to me either. Especially when I am funding the company. Jill ain't no delicate flower. She'll be fine. She's heard worse.

• Members

Yes Jill's heard worse, but if the price of running Chancellor is to kowtow to whatever a kid says Victor may as well keep it. The deal she made with Devon was, No Colin, not an increased role for Devon. Devon has no experience, he doesn't even work, what role could he contribute in? Inheriting money doesn't give anyone business skills. The kids at Bold and Beautiful are just coming up on running the companies after years in the business. Aren't they in their 40s now? That is believable.

We've seen Jill being lorded over by some character forever. It would be nice to see what she could do. She's handled many men throughout the years, she should be able to handle Colin without Devon's help. Jill & Kay stories used to fill a need, it was one place the females were allowed to do what male characters could do. The men in their stories had to fend for themselves, instead of having the female characters written stupid and weak for them. Jack and/or Victor controls most of what Ashley can do, Victor controls Victoria and Nikki, and now Jill has to be controlled by a kid who knows absolutely nothing about business, Chancellor Industries, or Kay. It's not like Devon can claim the moral high ground on anything either.

Can Jill go back to Jabot? I'd rather see her duke it out with like Ashley, Jack, Adam, Neil, and/or Victor. At least it be more dignified than being under the thumb of some spoiled rich kid.

• Members

That Carmen Mesta story was pretty bad. Neil has been pretty condescending to Dru at times but that Carmen story made him look like something of a jerk to me that way he seemingly refused to give Dru the benefit of the doubt until all was pretty much revealed.

Nah, I must admit to not feeling very sorry for Neil either.

Hopefully Devon will at least have a position on the board of directors. If he is the major investor or guarantor of the seed money, he has every right to demand an explanation if it seems like the most important term for the loan may be in violation. He forked over what appears to be an obscene amount of money, to do it and not expect accountability would be foolish and unrealistic.

Hell yeah, I'd ask what her Aussie mobster of a husband was doing there!

• Members

Well since Colin is a mobster I suppose he can't DEMAND anything of Jill, and all female characters must be beholden to some male's demands, so for Jill it's going to be a kid. SMH, how would Devon even know what's good for CI? I would understand if he appointed someone like Neil to the board for him.

Sharon, Ashley, Nikki, Victoria,.. why bother naming them.... ALL the female characters revolve around desire, needs, and ambitions of the men. If I had to pick a character to be I would chose all of the male ones first. The Y&R I loved had strong females who wanted something for themselves, and/or who could scheme, and/or have some sort of power. If not financial power, sexual power, or intelligence. Remember when Diane got a huge divorce settlement from Victor? Nothing like that happens anymore. These days the only females, (besides Jill), who are going after what they want are crazy, yet they still need Victor's help. LOL! For gawds sake even crazy women can't do crazy on their own.

• Members

when the lights flickered at Sharon's my first thoughts were that there's going to be some kind of electrical short that will start a fire and everyone will think Sharon did it. It would figure just because she's actually being good and taking care of Faith for the night....

nick/sage are boring. the group at the cabin...all boring....

great ending with Neil on the plane though.

• Members

I'm glad I woke up in time for Neil's reveal...Between Burgess Meredith crying over Delia(Poor Sophie Pollono must have been wondering why she was calling Grandpa Billy Daddy), Sage, that lame get together, Snoretoria, and WAY TOO MUCH ABBY, Neil was the HIGH POINT OF THE DAY. I don't get his anger with Jill just for being happy with her life though. If anything, he should count her among his allies.

Archived