Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Especially since I couldn't care less which one from that group at the cabin may have done it. They are all annoying.

I like action on soaps but it is kind of a let down when you know that nothing ever really happens to anyone anymore. I want to watch a show where you are on the edge of your seat because anything can happen!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But there is no "there" there. That's my problem with it.

For example, Lily's discovery of Cane's knowledge of the affair could have, and should have, been a Friday cliffhanger - and story - of it's own. It has legs. But it ended up as just another line Neil spits out of his mouth, and a couple lines from Lily on "how could he" bs. They could have even told that part of it with Jill/Colin.

Others on here have said it better, CP doesn't do long-term story and it looks like they're right.

ohmy.png So it was him? I didn't set the DVR...

• Members

Its just so dumb! I mean what motives do any of them have to kill him even if drugged? Why would someone spike the punch anyway? Just stupid Pratt plotting.

This plane crash is dumb as hell too. And why would all these rich people celebrate Valentines day in Dicholas' dingy ass bar? This all reminds me of that horrible Out of LML's ass sweep stunt from a few years back. I'm so over this show.

Sorry for spoiling @GMac but yeah, he dead.

• Members

I'm sorry, Jonnysbro, but your continued insistence that Jean P is anything short of a hack is tiresome. No one, absolutely no one agrees with you, which should tell you something. Jean P. was moderately successful as a breakdown writer on numerous soaps, most of which are off the air now. Her stint as head writer at ATWT was basically in name only; Chris Goutman as EP drove the story direction for the show. Jean was a glorified breakdown writer there. As for her stint at Y&R, it was lackluster at best. She had no historical investment in the show and it showed. She mined little of Y&R's history. Most episodes were mind-numbing and boring. By no stretch of the imagination did Jean and Shelley come anywhere near Bill Bell and Kay Alden's approach to Y&R. I'm delighted Jean and Shelley are gone. They were both in over the heads from the start and it showed. I was hoping CBS and Sony would have the good sense to reinstate someone who actually understood Y&R's unique storytelling under Bell. When I read that both Kay Alden and Sally Sussman Morina were interested in returning, I could only see positive things for Y&R's future. Unfortunately, JFP and Sony made a boneheaded decision to put Pratt in charge. His storytelling is the antithesis of Bell's. A plane crash here, a collapsing building there, all to goose the ratings. The investment in real, relatable storytelling isn't there and won't be. Pratt has no real interest in this show other than the huge salary he's pulling in. He'll stay a year or two, and when all his storytelling tricks are exhausted, he'll be gone and Y&R will be limping along. Yes, gone are the days of Bill Bell, Agnes Nixon, Doug Marland, Henry Slesar, Harding Lemay, the Dobsons and the like, but for longtime viewers of the soaps during their heyday, we can only wish someone at the network or at Sony would wake up, and give us writers who aren't one trick ponies, or friends of JFPs who get their jobs not based on their track record of engaging storytelling, but because they're true storytellers who understand and appreciate the soap format. As much as you want us to believe Jean P does, her track record doesn't prove it. If anything, she has a network of friends in the business who keep getting her positions on various soaps, deservedly or not. That isn't talent. It's luck and connections. 'Nuff said.

I'm sorry, Jonnysbro, but your continued insistence that Jean P is anything short of a hack is tiresome. No one, absolutely no one agrees with you, which should tell you something. Jean P. was moderately successful as a breakdown writer on numerous soaps, most of which are off the air now. Her stint as head writer at ATWT was basically in name only; Chris Goutman as EP drove the story direction for the show. Jean was a glorified breakdown writer there. As for her stint at Y&R, it was lackluster at best. She had no historical investment in the show and it showed. She mined little of Y&R's history. Most episodes were mind-numbing and boring. By no stretch of the imagination did Jean and Shelley come anywhere near Bill Bell and Kay Alden's approach to Y&R. I'm delighted Jean and Shelley are gone. They were both in over the heads from the start and it showed. I was hoping CBS and Sony would have the good sense to reinstate someone who actually understood Y&R's unique storytelling under Bell. When I read that both Kay Alden and Sally Sussman Morina were interested in returning, I could only see positive things for Y&R's future. Unfortunately, JFP and Sony made a boneheaded decision to put Pratt in charge. His storytelling is the antithesis of Bell's. A plane crash here, a collapsing building there, all to goose the ratings. The investment in real, relatable storytelling isn't there and won't be. Pratt has no real interest in this show other than the huge salary he's pulling in. He'll stay a year or two, and when all his storytelling tricks are exhausted, he'll be gone and Y&R will be limping along. Yes, gone are the days of Bill Bell, Agnes Nixon, Doug Marland, Henry Slesar, Harding Lemay, the Dobsons and the like, but for longtime viewers of the soaps during their heyday, we can only wish someone at the network or at Sony would wake up, and give us writers who aren't one trick ponies, or friends of JFPs who get their jobs not based on their track record of engaging storytelling, but because they're true storytellers who understand and appreciate the soap format. As much as you want us to believe Jean P does, her track record doesn't prove it. If anything, she has a network of friends in the business who keep getting her positions on various soaps, deservedly or not. That isn't talent. It's luck and connections. 'Nuff said.

• Members

Woah at Dylan accidentally punching Avery. You can tell they're just throwing chit at the wall for this.

Kelly continues to be a loon. WTF @ Jack screwing her, he is trash.

And so Fen spiked the punch? And this is shaping up like one of Kevin's creeper ass fan fics? I repeat, ALL of this is SO stupid!

• Members

Pratt won't last more then a year before the Bells retake their soap from Sony like they did with LML. He will no doubt kill a vet n get everyone pissed off that CBS n the Bells will have no choice but to fire his lazy ass JFP days are numbered as well as she pissed off top ppl at CBS/SONY to get Pratt hired. Were gonna need a Dallas storyline where Nikki wakes up to all being a bad dream. Pratt is no different then LML and his time at Y&R will mirror that

• Members

I agree that Pratt must clearly want all of HIS stories only and is finishing/ruining/wrapping up anything that had started before him. It's too bad because not everything on the show was poorly set up....maybe had some boring execution but some of it only needed to be tweaked a bit.

Jack/Kelly makes no sense!!! Guess he prob knows Kelly's going to flaunt it and set off Phyllis again. But still....they could have at least had a scene or two to rehash their "relationship" a bit where he tries to get her to confess....first...

Dylan in the car? WTF?

• Members

Jack throwing Kelly her dress and telling her to leave first was cold, what a bastard. This is why I always root for Victor.

GT has no chemistry with Josh Morrow so hopefully they never try Phick again.

Sage is so unnecessary and needs to go. She worked better as the manipulative lonely old care taker, this pairing they're attempting with Nick is a flop and she doesn't fit in no matter how hard JFP tries.

The Adam & Victor scenes were kind of a let down.

They better not kill Hilary off....

Yes at Abby clocking Kevin's creepy ass. I guess Summer did it? Again, this is all so STUPID!

• Members

Fen spiking the punch…oh dear…laughable...

Jack [!@#$%^&*] Kelly in the storage room…ewwwww...

The plane crash/Neil reveal is over now and whats left…..to find Lily…yawn…oh and the briefcase mystery….yawn….

Dylan and Avery ….what a hot mess……...

Pratt sure does suck

Archived