Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see people is this thread worried about Hilary being killed off. I am almost 100% sure that is not going to happen. Simply because I don't think CBS is THAT stupid.

Bryton James and Mishael Morgan did a live chat on twitter Friday and they generated lots of buzz and excitement. The actors showed off the gifts fans sent them for Valentines day and it was nice stuff.

B9vcX1UCAAAGoZm_zpsnqa1jwaj.jpg

B9vuzGrCQAICo1i_zpsekfxkexr.jpg

B9vcLjMCEAEo2ZF_zps56725taz.jpg

Mishael%20flowers_zpsetgj9iyx.png

This isn't the first time she, or Bryton for that matter, has gotten flowers and gifts. The actors, and the show, have tweeted about it before.

This is the type of response the show has been wanting for a black actress and a black couple since Victoria Rowell left. Now it's one thing if the actress wants to leave. But it is something else altogether for them to fire/not renew her. CBS just couldn't possibly be SO STUPID!

Disclaimer: I mention CBS instead of Sony because CBS is the entity that likes to pretend at diversity.

• Members

I stopped watching full time when she dogged out David Tom, but I could NOT miss Chuck Pratt doing AMC 2.0. THIS WAS MUST SEE TV!! There were no illusions about fooling fans into thinking this regime could be good, he said fcuk it and went balls to the walls with this insane garbage! I commend him for committing and just going for it. This was RIDICULOUS! This was worse than Passsions at it's lowest point. First of all you have all these disasters at once, then everybody is written in a shallow, out of character way and it all reeked of what he did to destroy AMC. How was approved? How was he hired? How can the cast, Angelica McDaniel, etc. be proud of this and promote this? I cannot WAIT to see where he has Y&R in a year.

At this point I've given up on Y&R ever being good again, but I am interested in seeing how far it can fall with people like JFP and Pratt in charge.

• Members

Well the rumors do say JFP went above McDaniel's head and regardless of if that's true, they have been hyping up Pratt's scripts like no tomorrow. It's unbelievable how bad this is. I didn't even find his AMC to be as bad as this. At least with the Twister/Lion King redux it made sense that you'd have multiple disasters based on the fact that the tornado affects the entire town. Here they have all kinds of disasters happening to all these connected characters and it is just too much. Couldn't the plane crash have been enough? Or the cabin nonsense? Or hell, even Avery getting punched? From a character driven perspective YES, but when you are a terrible, terrible writer (and clearly kinda nuts), you need to throw all of this in and see what sticks.

I'm scared for what his stories are going to be like.

• Members

I understand the complaints about multiple unconnected disasters that were caused by the same storm. It would make more sense to have had the plane crash cause the fire at the PH and UG collapse. Let's say the engine hit one and a peice of the plane hits the other. But as things stand, it's way too random.

However, part of the measuring stick I use for writers is the use of the Winters family. These people have been on 3 days a week since Pratts scripts began. While it all might be [!@#$%^&*], for the first time in a decade, the black folks are getting their fair share of the [!@#$%^&*]. When was the last time anyone included them in a big sweeps event? Had an elaborate set built for their drama? I can't bring myself to be too mad at Pratt.

• Members

Also, isn't she featured in the new bumpers they just made? I doubt they would do that only to write her out. I had serious doubts about this story with Neil/Hilary/Devon, but it's turned out far better and the adding of Colin to the mix (and Cane/Jill - to acquire Chancellor) was a good way to bring in more characters and spin off additional stories. Hard to say what any of that means now after plane crash.

• Members
I don't think the bumpers would keep her if they wanted her gone. But she is in the bumpers.

I am still pissed about them intentionally making Devon and Hilary an affair. Not sure what they were hoping to achieve by doing this. Why couldn't Devon finally have a rootable long term pairing that viewers could feel good about supporting? But I agree that it got better wit the CI stuff.

• Members

If I compare this disaster to what Y&R has been for the last couple of years, I don't think it's terrible. At least things are happening.

I agree that they aren't going to kill of Hillary. I would be incredible pissed if they do though.

Also, Jill going off on Devon and Hillary made me roll my eyes a bit. She doesn't have to be happy about it, but considering she did the exact same thing to John, hell no, no need to have her berating anyone on this matter.

• Members

Looking through the comments on my Y&R FB feed, it seems the majority of people are happy with the "excitement" of the last few days and like the change. They are also HUGE Lily/Cane fans, Neil fans and Dru Fans. And most of them want Hilary gone. huh.png

Is it possible that head honchos at CBS think the last few days are a complete trainwreck and will make a change sooner rather than later?

• Members

Isn't that a contradiction? If the feedback has been positive, why would CBS make a change? It will take a minimum of 3-6 months of ratings data before CBS even contemplates a change. I think they will let Pratt mix couples up and kill off unimportant characters. No vets will be killed, except for Michael and that's been set in motion, IF it's to happen. Like any regime change, certain vets may be marginalized or sent off canvas, but I don't see any permanent changes coming for a long time. BTW - I would love for the 'lawsuit' to result in a settlement that brings her back - even if it's for a short 'test' arc. We all want it.

• Members

Oops, yea sorry about that. It does come across that way.

The second sentence wasn't meant to be a result of what I'm seeing on the FB feed. Just an "I wonder" moment - IF the head honchos at CBS don't like what they are seeing.

That test arc sounds great, I'd love to have her back.

Archived