Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Again we are probably wishing we had kept Jean P and Shelley in place. I always th ought Jean and Kay Alden would have given us the most brilliant soap known to man if they worked together. It would have been classic y and r. U take Kay that's old school y and r and Jean that does modern romance like nobody's biz would be the dream team

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jean will you stop posting. We get that you're pissed you lost your job. Over. It.

If Y&R is going to destroy sets like the Underground, the fire at Chelsea/Billy's then they should have just gone the Search route and flooded the whole damn town. That would have made more sense than a snowstorm causing all of this at once. A snow storm? I mean, I live in the northeast and all of our snow this year hasn't caused this much damage! They live in WI! It's not like the town wouldn't be prepared for snowstorms.

• Members

What coincidence! Not only did a plane crash, the "kids" all get stuck in a cabin where Austin got killed, but now the dingy ass bar collapses and a fire started at the penthouse complex! Who knew a storm could cause so much! rolleyes.gif

The cabin mess remains convoluted. This is like when Amber, Daniel, and Kevin killed Amber's ex boyfriend, took all his money and hid the body, only nowhere near as fun. That definitely was Abby making out with Austin in Mariah's flashback

I can't help it, I dig Sharon and Dylan wub.png

Sage, Nick, Avery and Joe however, can all choke

Too bad Lily didn't reunite with her bff Colleen in a lake.

I'm glad Victor finally knows Nikki's been drinking. Ridiculous no one else was able to figure out until now.

I wish Billy would come out with burn damage on his face and need reconstructive surgery that would lead to a recast. Adam/Chelsea/Billy has potential but this guy playing Billy needs to go and we need someone with some gravitas.

• Members

I had it on mute for part of the day yesterday so I missed some stuff (I work from home and can't always have the volume up)...but let me get this straight...I missed this collapse at Underground. I saw the plane crash parts. I did not see the fire at the apartment building. The teen story with Austin's murder - saw that.

But seriously? All of these disasters all at once? This is so contrived and plot after plot after plot. This is some horrible stuff...

• Members

I had it on mute for part of the day yesterday so I missed some stuff (I work from home and can't always have the volume up)...but let me get this straight...I missed this collapse at Underground. I saw the plane crash parts. I did not see the fire at the apartment building. The teen story with Austin's murder - saw that.

But seriously? All of these disasters all at once? This is so contrived and plot after plot after plot. This is some horrible stuff...

• Members

laugh.png @ Lily. Love it.

Great idea in regards to Billy. I'd be onboard with that, and actually makes good use of all these idiotic "disasters".

wub.png Oh yea, Rafe. But was it established that they actually did stuff? Cuz it was never onscreen. Regardless, this idea is hot.

• Members

To be honest with you, I never liked John, and I never thought of him as that much of a moral center (I never felt like Y&R had one - I think Liz Foster could have been one if she'd stayed), so that colors my view. I mostly saw him as a decent but weak man who raised kids that were each broken in very specific ways.

Still, I would agree with you that Jack wouldn't fill that bill. I just think if they matured the character now, and had him say, "Don't make my mistakes," and ended his feud with Victor, he would be viable. Sadly that isn't likely to happen.

He had sex with one man to get legal help. He's never had any attraction to men, including that dumbass twink Rafe.

• Members

That would be interesting if he did it as Gabe and then revealed to Billy after that he was Adam! Crazy and evil but I'd love it. tongue.png Could you imagine Billy's reaction? Not only the fact that he gave in sexually to another man but then to find out it was Adam.

With the Rafe stuff and what Adam did to Ashley in the past this wouldn't exactly be out of character.

• Members

Maybe we'll have a sudden flooding during the summer, causing a multiple-vehicle car crash, accompanied by a heist at Newman or Jabot, and a special "Summer is now a singer" storyline where ALL the kids (including Kevin) get to go to an X Factor audition. Of course, everything will last for about 5 episodes.

The show is so contrived.

Archived