Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

U know what u have the right to your opinion but I don't agree. I lived through Maria arena bell HELL as I call it. She was terrible for v the show and very plot driven. Josh Griffith bored me ro tears with his y and r. Jean and Shelley take over and I saw a more serious character driven show. Especially when they hit their stride and ratings showed. The big moment climax with Phyllis and Sharon in the stairwell was great. I also loved moments of the Kelly and Lily friendship. They vastly improved the show in year. For the first time in years it felt like y and r and their story lines were a bit slow moving they were emotional moments. The Phyllis and Jack living scene was classic great moment. It's sad their stint ended after a year and weren't allowed to continue writing smart tv. I will say the show is exciting but it doesn't feel like y and r. Smart TV was sacrificed for popcorn tv.

• Members

I'm glad I'm only reading the daily recaps. This is just a complete train wreck. Things looked so promising with JH & GT joining the cast, but now IDK. I'll take a wait and see and catch up online on episodes that sound good. The Kevin thing is creeping me out completely. Honestly, like majority, I feel like his time has long passed. He could be killed off and the show would not miss Kevin at all. The Fishers are irrelevant to the canvas, save Lauren - who has so much history and ties to almost every major character/family - that she could be put into a variety of scenarios. I hate to say it but even Michael (and I do love Christian) isn't worth saving. The Austin kill I agree with - Summer was way too 'new' and 'young' to get saddled by a marriage.

• Members

I find it amazing they've packed all this into just a couple days. Sure, Pratt officially started a week or two prior, but this is the real start of his tenure - boom! Austin's dead in the closet for no reason, like a jack in a box! Jack [!@#$%^&*] Kelly! There's a plane crash! It's all a bit much.

• Members

Jack banging Kelly made absolutely no sense whatsoever. He has spent months telling her to keep away, buzz off, get a life. And now, with no good motivation, not even a big fight with Phyllis or the Mustache, he's having sex with that woman in the storage room of a bar. Huh? There was no character-based reason for this to happen; it was strictly a plot device.

And Dylan punched Avery, and Nikki shunned Victor, and Summer apparently killed Austin. It's romance galore in GC this Valentine's Day!

• Members

Was anyone demanding wild Jack Abbott sex scenes? I'd rather see Bergman playing the John Abbott role at this point...frankly I'd rather Jack be recast, but that's not happening, and Pratt would probably bring in someone like Steve Wilder anyway.

• Members

I'm glad to see Austin go. I guess I shouldn't feel sorry for Kelly, but I do. Jack continues to be an ass in my book. Not just to Kelly, but to Phyllis as well. I've been team Jack since before PB was in the role, but I am done with him.

Nope. He can never be that. Maybe if they had transitioned him 15 years ago, but it's way past too late now. Traci is the only Abbot who can play that type of parental role with any credibility and of course they took away her only child.

• Members

Exactly. Jerry Douglas was in his early 50s? when he started as the patriarch - yes, it was different back then, but still. Jack should be playing that role - it's not like John didn't have plenty of relationships - but it helped center the family. For years, the Abbott family is all over the place. Expand the flipping house, use the pool house, add tack house, etc. and move a bunch of them in - brother, sisters, kids, grandkids, there are plenty of them out there. It would really help the show.

• Members

I don't think it would be that difficult, if they knew what to do with Kyle, and positioned Kyle in the role Billy should have had before it was tanked by Miller and Methuselah. He'll never be exactly what John was, but with Ashley and Traci still alive, he wouldn't have to be. He could still be a quasi-patriarch watching the younger generations clash, and occasionally succumbing to his own foibles.

Bergman is too asexual and mannered at this point, and even if he wasn't, even if someone else was in the role I had more time for, the character's stories are just silly and tacky and degrading.

Archived