Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show is getting a bit plot driven and I am sad. I am sad Jean P and Shelley Y&R was cut short. They brought us such intelligent psychological moments. The stuff with Phyllis and Sharon in the stairwell wss excellrnt stuff ass was the Jack and Phyllis scene. They were just emotional problems. For you guys complaining about Pratt I don't feel sorry u chose to complain about a smart soap. What they did was too smart for CBS and Sony execs

• Members

Pratt is clearly already hitting hard, but a stopped clock is right at least once a day: Everything with Summer and her insta-marriage to convict Austin should've been done like this long ago.

The clumsy attempt to re-pair Joe and Avery is silly, but it beats watching more of Dylan and Avery, though Joe is a little more than a piece of varnished wood and should be fired immediately (along with Jessica Collins, sadly). Meanwhile, Sharon Case is struggling to stir the embers with Burton. They are clearly hoping he will be her big ticket.

Kelly Sullivan is being devolved to campy bitchiness, which she always gets too broad with - on a theatrical stage I'm sure she is a great comedienne, but a little of her big crazy act goes a long way with me very fast. I was fine with her as the mysterious, quiet, regretful woman alone in a rich old lady's house, wistful about her dead beloved, but I don't need the return of Connie.

• Members

It's hard watching the scenes Hartley shares with Jenkins. This is SO not what Billy is supposed to be, almost feels like a blah-impostor.

Also, Hartley and Sullivan work well off each other as the so-called "couple."

• Members

ICAM with this.

I like Sharon and Dylan as friends, although the chemistry is there, I agree. I thought Dylan showing up at the courthouse last week was awkward, though.

There have been subtle changes under Pratt that I've noticed, like camera angles, music, etc that I think are an improvement. But they seem to be inconsistent - maybe that's when I notice them when it does happen.

Archived