Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yep. Although I don't think Nick is an idiot. For the most part he tries to be a good Dad, that 's kind of his thing so I get why he went for full custody. It makes sense for the character.

Someone posted this idea (brain tumor) a couple months ago and we kicked it around a little so maybe someone on the show saw that and decided to do it. I would love that too, I don't want Sharon to have an incurable mental disease. They might be going there because Sharon has been acting irrational and out of control lately while she's supposedly still on her meds so what's up with that?

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't coming down on Sharon. I did propose that mass on her brain because it would be a better explanation for her crazy behavior (including the Adam mess) and it would make Neil, Summer feel like sh*t for trying to make Sharon feel like sh*t, if it all tied back to Nick's infidelity.

Thought I had made myself clear in that long a*s post I made several weeks/months ago.

• Members

I too said that Sharon should be given a brain tumor so we can move on past this. This show is too dense [and so are the characters] for them to give Sharon something complex like bipolar disorder.

What pisses me off with this show is that Nicki bashed someone in the head with a damn rock and has killed two other people and she does not get punished in the writing. Neither does Phyllis or Victor, who have both done worse. I just hate that Sharon has become Genoa City's punching bag and has been since 2006. She rarely catches a break, and when she does, we know real quick [via the writing] that she is going to have a fall from grace even sooner.

I seriously wish I was at helm of this show because Sharon would be taken out the Newman orbit altogether minus her kids. I'd put her in a new family's orbit along with dropping the Newman name. She'd basically view them as nonexistent except for the holidays.

Archived