Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Sharon Case as an actress and think Nick Newman is an idiot, but I'm sorry, Sharon has been entirely too casual and nonchalant about the horrific [!@#$%^&*] she pulled on her family, and basically expected everyone to get over it and move on. She's seemed shocked, shocked all along that Nick wouldn't want her to have regular custody of a child after that. I wouldn't trust her with a Chia pet at this point! And now she's blaming poor Mariah too. Shut it, Sharon.

• Members

OK, are you ready for a rant?

I just love how the show is trying to have its cake and eat it too with Nick! Not only did he start this horrid custody case, but for MONTHS he has been excruciatingly nasty, condescending and borderline-villainous in his insatiable, illogical, irrational and OTT hatred of Sharon, which he has made sure to talk about and insist on with everyone in town. All that would be OK, I guess, if Morrow was a stronger actor and the show wasn't CLEARLY on Nick's side and gearing up that bus to go over Sharon once again. It would at least be acceptable if the writing wasn't so unbelievably biased and slanted towards putting Sharon in the worst light possible. But, then, they ALSO want Nick to feel oh-so-sorry and to gallantly consider dropping the case and, don't you know it, he KNOWS how hard this is for Sharon, too. Nick, you are such an angel wub.png Now tear your daughter away from her momma. Add on this the fact that the court hearing completely forgot to mention ANY of the sh!t that Nick has done (because, why bring that up?) or the fact that custody is not taken away from the MOTHER unless there are EXTREME circumstances involved. But, yeah, Nick is such a great dood, why bother with all of that. I swear, Nick gives me Irna Phillips flashes: I want to write this show JUST so that I can have him horribly, horribly suffer and then die the most ridiculous death ever!

At least this horrible custody case is over with. But now I fear what they'll do next. OMG, If they have Sharon going nuts again rolleyes.gif

Dylan was SO annoying with his machismo protection and coming between Sharon and her lawyer. STFU, fool. Of course, it's not as if the lawyer put up that much of a fight, did he? BUT it was sooooooooo nice seeing Avery so completely jealous. Those couple of moments were fantastic.

LOL at Nikki barely acknowledging Jill. Love it! But Victor seems like he's planning something. Oh dear Lord.

Kevin to the rescue again! Showing up out of the blue! HORRID.

• Members

I'm hoping that we'll discover a mass on Sharon's brain from the time she ran out into the street after discovering Nick cheating with Grace. And that the benign tumor has been pressing on the part of her brain that affects behavior and mood.

I'm also hoping that Mariah ends up sleeping with Fen, causing Summer to pull her hair out and Kevin to sulk away. It need not be a lasting relationship. In fact, I hope Mariah catches the eye of the new Kyle. Matter of fact, have Daniel drop in for a brief story arc and fall under Mariah's spell (of course, because of the Cassie connection).

Ahahhahahaha! Mwahahaha!excl.pnghappy.png

Seriously, dear soap gods, let it happen!

• Members

Kevin is such a creep predator. As soon as Mariah gets isolated from Sharon he pounces and wants her to move in with him.

Devon is acting like a punk constantly wanting to wait to tell Neil. I just want Neil out of Hevon's orbit already.

I don't care how off the hinge Sharon is Nick is a prick. He only went for full custody out of revenge. I'm sure once Sage comes sniffing around some more he won't be paying Faith any attention and shipping her off to the ranch with Nikki.

• Members
Devon is finally allowed to show concern for his father and what this will do to his family...only 8 months too late though. It's a lose lose for him. If he wants to tell he doesn't care about neil. If he wants to give Neil time to adjust to that disappointment without piling on, he's a coward. No winniing at all for the character.

• Members

Did Victor's part in switching Sharon's meds come out yet?

I do think the original plan was to have Sharon feel guilt last year then confess.. explaining how she keeps having flashes of switching the results.. but isn't sure if its real memories or a fantasy she thought was real. So another test is run, and Jack would still have been the father... thus Sharon would have confessed thus repairing her and she'd be given brownie points for confessing.. and then off the hook cause it really didnt happen... and then it come out Victor switched the meds.

Of course, this couldn't happen because that would mean Victor would actually have to pay for her crimes.

Archived