General Hospital August 2014 Discussion

• Members

I thought Nicolas Bechtel had actually improved in his scenes with Franco, etc. in the last few days. The story is so lame but he was actually delivering stuff and changing up his inflections, etc. Doing more than one thing, as opposed to what he did before, which was what any cute kid would do at a school play - flail around, mug for the delighted adults offscreen and let his lispy voice go all over the map. He was a match for Roger Howarth in that scene, not that that's hard to do with Franco. He had more versatility in those scenes than the adult Kristen Alderson has on any given day.

I still think Spencer is on too much only doing one thing, but I think he has improved fast.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry I don't watch soaps for kids I tuned out nearly the whole eppy after seeing Liz for a hot minute at kiddie camp.

Some of these stories need to get wrapped I done said it befo they keep laying down new story and not bringing others to a satisfying close its too much sh. going on for me....now a new arc I expected that' why Sam / Patrick has been written besties because of Robin, the clinic.

I suppose Jason is somewhere in there with Victor' frozen fam. It seems Nina may be involved in this story to...

• Members

What the hell is so "gay" about Knots Landing and why is gay being used as a pejorative by gay men on a show written by a gay man? I thought the dialogue/depiction of these men was highly offensive today and I turned that garbage off. It's not RC's duty to educate, yet I can't help but think of all of the sheltered and ignorant out there whose only exposure to "the gays" is this trio.

• Members

Watching right now... Knot's is the "gay's gateway from casual to carnal"? Felix is trying to get Lucas in bed by watching it? Are you f-cking kidding me? And dear god, Ryan Carnes' hair just keeps getting worse and worse. And LMAO at Lucas just now looking for a job 7 months after coming to PC.

• Members

Genuinely LOL.

I don't even know the words I'm looking for, but it certainly says something that children and gay adults occupy the same silly fluff b/c plot storyline space. Not to mention the fact that the kids get the adult dialogue while the gay men talk like they're about to pillow fight and damage each other's expensive headgear. The gay "romance" on this show is the 2014 equivalent of Arnold the pig and Cynthia the basset hound.

• Members

This is what I've been trying to say (poorly) for months, only put much more eloquently, thank you. It feels like the worst kind of patronizing tourism. Especially since we only get five minutes of plot and character per two months, and it's largely spent showing how "down with the gays" GH is.

• Members

Why does Lucas only live at Carly's house on days that she and Franco aren't on? Its ridiculous how Spencer can be in that house for days bc there was no one around but Franco but Lucas apparently (and Bobbie) live there, yet are absent when the other half of the tenants are around. Was shocked to even see Carly pop up at the end

Robin's a bitch. Im glad Patrick was mad and called her out on being so close yet hasn't done anything to contact. An hour away? She better have a damn good excuse bc Im over her and her ugly haircut

William is hot.

Why did Nikolas never go to the phone company to check Spencer's phone records? Why did Dumb Anna not track his phone in order to find him? It would be one thing if the kid's phone was turned off but he's been actively using it the whole time. Nikolas could have even done that himself. He's a parent to a 9 year old. He desnt have a Find My Phone app? Really?

ETA: I see RC got that part covered. I'll take back what I wrote

1ronn1z.jpg?1

I hate how GH has him looking so ugly. Ryan Carnes is not a bad looking man but dang, they style his hair all wrong. He having a conversation with Feces in a towel with the front door open the entire episode was so stupid

#FREELUCAS

Sam: "I cant even access Twitter." :lol:a

Carly is such a dumb bitch. She buys all of Franco's lies

Archived