General Hospital August 2014 Discussion

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because, if you DO decide to risk even a little, guess what happens? All the proverbial bean-counters come out of the proverbial woodwork, wagging their focus-group findings and statistical analyses behind them. And what might have begun as an earnest attempt to tell a story that is honest, inclusive, relevant and maybe even a tad provocative gets watered down into something truly atrocious and unwatchable.

Or worse, it's left up to Ron Carlivati.

• Members

Khan, we've both been here long enough on a board named "Soap Opera Network" and not left it yet and you're only a handful of years older than me, so it's not as if you remember the dawn of the golden age of soaps anymore than I do. I think if you were as uninvested as you claim you would stop pitching new ideas for these soaps. This whole world-weary fan thing doesn't really track with that for me. As for me, I don't think either the genre as a concept or the times we live in are the problem. If you do I wish you'd say why.

• Members

Which is so sad, because not only do I understand his p.o.v., part of me even agrees with what he's been saying.

Well, really, that isn't why it's sad. It's sad, because, it just shows to go you how far GH has fallen. I mean, at this point, grown-ass men wrestling each other while wearing large diapers and baby bonnets would be more entertaining to watch -- and if you don't believe me, then you must not watch "Jerry Springer."

Archived