General Hospital August 2014 Discussion

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today's show was ridiculously boring (except for Ava whom I still love and adore, thank God for Maura West). I don't like Nathan, the actor is terrible, wooden as a log. I actually don't mind the Levi actor but the character is already rolling under a bus and has been since his first scene. I don't care whether or not Maxie marries Levi, there's been no buildup to this story for me to care about hew with either guy. I don't even remember what else happened today.

Yesterday, I don't even like Sonny and Carly together and yet I still think they're leaps and bounds better than Carly and Franco. It doesn't even matter if they have zippo sexual or physical chem, Carly/Franco are a dud that has gone on long enough.

NLG gave a good performance yesterday.

Is anyone keeping count of how many days a week Stafford has been on? I swear she's been on at least four days a week since she started (and many weeks she's been on all 5 days). I need a break. RC has her all over the canvas randomly sticking her head in stories that have nothing to do with her....I just need a break. She's not even a very interesting character.

So Victor is back, and I keep hearing rumors of more Cassadines to come...great, are they going to actually share scenes with other Cassadines (the ones I care about - Nikolas and Alexis)? I'm guessing not. So stupid. So so stupid.

In other news, the official General Hospital Twitter page really tweeted this yesterday:

Is it the end of #Julexis? Watch the pair go at it like animals before breaking up! #GH http://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital/video/latest-gh-videos/VDKA0_zrn9xiyi

• Members

How would watching a ridiculous and repulsive couple (for reasons that have nothing at all to do with age) "go at it like animals" be riveting TV? And why tease a breakup, GH, when we all know damn well you're already preset to ride the Julexis love train all the way into the inner depths of Hell? I mean, what, did Nancy Lee's drugs wear off or something?

• Members

I think Julian and Alexis had nice chem yesterday (though WDV's range is so damn limited), I'm moreso bothered by the phrasing of the tweet. Really General Hospital? That's the best way to describe those scenes? It's almost like Ron wrote the tweet himself.

Also, this has been grating on my damn nerves, so Jordan and Shawn had sex. Ok, fine. Is there really not going to be any discussion about the fact that a DEA agent is screwing a hitman? Does Jordan not feel conflicted or anything else about screwing the exact kind of men she's been sworn to put away? Cause as of now I haven't seen a damn thing but annoyance that he keeps screwing up her nonsensical plans? See, this is why I can't get into Ron pairings, why should I care about them? There is nothing there but "we think they're both attractive and they're both black" and slap them together. She has no POV and neither does he. Don't tell me that Jordan is some kickass enforcer of the law and then have her screwing a hitman without even a hint of her being conflicted about it. Frankly, like I said, I resent Jordan for taking Anna's place in this story and wouldn't mind both she and Shawn being taken off contract since I think they're poor actors but if they're determined to write this pairing the least they could do is add at least one freaking layer to it.

• Members

Not to mention there is almost never follow up to their scenes. They're on one day and off for a week.

Mary Mara was great on Nash Bridges as well as most episodic shows I've seen her in. The Law & Order SVU with Martin Short was fantastic!

Sonny gets points for saving Alice. Even though she's not a Q by blood, another death in the Q household would just be overkill.

Agreed that Sonny and Carly are 100x >>>>>>>>>>>>>than Carly and Franco.

Sam and Patrick have so much more chemistry than Sigh-less and Snobbin.

Morgan seriously needs a shower and a shave, not to mention a haircut.

Now that Ned is seeing Olivia, why not test him with Ava, too?

Tracey apologizing to Kaka made me want to vomit.

Felicia just glows. Levi is after her Aztec treasure, called that months ago. Dirty thief! He probably works for Fluke, toomad.gif.

• Members

That argument has been made before, as well. Worlds Without End when discussing the AMC Kevin Sheffield, etc, storyline (which I think for its time actually is pretty impressive--of course it was mostly a coming out story--tied to the murder of a gay teacher and after that was done they didn't seem to know what to do with him though Broderick valiantly tried to keep him around in b-stories.) Whoever, said the basic problem with gay stories at that time on soaps was--aside from the obvious conservative nature of execs, that on a show where the number one plot is about the various romances and breakups of characters, it's hard to have a gay character front and center. Still, I think in this day an age that has changed for a lot of primetime tv (not enough, but,) and can for daytime too.

I say bullshit on your last point though. Certainly, say, Pine Valley or even Llanview which are largely wealthy suburbs of, in this case, Philidelphia would have a gay population (and since the characters are often young or teens, that would be even more true.)

• Members

I think Julian and Alexis actually were quite hot the other day, in part because NLG toned down her usual flustered schoolmarm routine and didn't play it for comedy and because the characters actually got down to brass tacks and were honest - Alexis is addicted to men like this, she does want this life, she doesn't care. I have always thought William deVry is a bit of a loon and I think the writing is a mess, but they do have real chemistry and I think the couple can go somewhere with better story.

That being said, I think Julian is still just a plot device to RC and that all this online fervor will be for nothing - they'll kill him off. It's too bad because after a lot of shitty, forced or rushed writing there's actually something there now, IMO.

• Members

That's the other issue. I thought their sex scene the other day was hot as well, but as for characters, Shawn and Jordan are barely there. Shawn has become a sanctimonious thug and Jordan is Black Female Cop Lady. That's it. I suspect both of them are limited actors - I know Sean Blakemore is - but they are also incredibly beautiful people and they can act. They deserve more and can do more, but the show has no interest.

I also agree that I'm not here for them marginalizing Anna for Jordan's big-ass hair.

• Members

After some of Vee's comments, I watched some of the Olivia/Ned scenes (my mother was a few weeks [?] behind so she was watching it yesterday) and I actually did think they were funny and believable, especially for modern GH. I liked how they worked Brenda into this, and Ned's history with Brenda. LLC is good with this type of comedy that isn't too broad.

• Members

Exactly. When exactly has Victor interacted with Sam? They are strangers. Sam has always been treated as a Davis girl, not a Cassadine. The only Cassadine that acknowledges Alexis' kids is Nikolas. Alexis herself was a bastard and therefore disregarded. The bastard's bastard not being acknowledged by Victor isnt weird at all

Archived