General Hospital August 2014 Discussion

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The gay storyline (if you can call it that) is basically just Ron (or whatever random scriptwriter) trying to fit in as many pop culture references and stereotypes as he can into one episode in between all the whacky gay hijinks. Golden Girls! Knot's Landing! Oh hey, these guys are on twice a month and have had zero character development but let's have an entire episode devoted to them randomly deciding to have a threesome! So EDGY. Soapy goodness. I wish Ron would spend half the time on writing an actual story for these guys as he does trying to shove stupid pop culture references into every episode.

Nik's facial hair looks terrible.

And we have the return of master thespian Milo tomorrow. Just what everyone was hoping for.

• Members

This was a semi good episode. The whole Maxie thing was interesting but it seems like just as they enter the second act they are about to end the story. There was a lot of story to be had from Maxie being married to this con man, but they basically killed all further story here by outing Levi so soon after revealing his true motives.

• Members

There is no story here at all. They talk about feelings and s hit with each other and there is nothing there because we haven't seen any of it onscreen. All I learned from the episode was that Ron and Frank want a threesome with Lucas.

The whole chat about the threesome was so awful....felt bad for LW and all that mess.

• Members

Those scenes were the complete definition of inorganic trash! Lucas walks in and assumes Carly is having a naughty dream, which she wasn't. How did he make that leap? Oh, we needed a spring board to get to the 3 way talk. I was literally cringing. Twitter was complaining weeks ago that Carly and Lucas live in the same house and share no scenes, and this was the answer?

I'll say it again. Craptini are not storytellers. They are event planners and should do weddings. Just ridiculous!

I felt bad for both!

• Members

Ron has clarified his intent ...

Ron Carlivati @carlivatiron

Whether or not we were perpetuating gay stereotypes today on ‪#‎GH‬ is not really a matter of opinion. ‪#‎ToBeClearWeWereNot‬

Soaps In Depth ABC @soapsindepthabc 5m
@carlivatiron Your INTENT may not have been to, but what was perceived IS, in fact, open to interpretation. MY opinion is that it did.

Ron Carlivati @carlivatiron Your opinion in this case is wrongheaded. See its all better now! We understand.

I just don't have any feelings watching this GH, it comes on .. it goes off that's it. None of the stories are gripping or interesting maybe its because of the execution they sound good in spoilers.

I've waited so long for Liz/Nik to have a conversation but these kinds of scenes always run parallel to Britt scenes in this case with Brad so? They spent most of their time talking about her ... when they got around to their issues they said a few lines, BAM! the scene was over. Instead of focusing on them and bringing in Britt toward the end or the next eppy...All I remember is that Liz had on a cute yellow summer dress. Which is something to celebrate.

• Members

Lucas wanting to sleep around with both Brad and Feces is gross. Ive seen soaps do the story of someone dating 2 people at once (Hope with the Spencer brothers on B&B or Lulu with Milo, Dillon, and Spinelli here) but typically that person isn't having sex with all partners. Im instanty turned off with this story and the thought of them having a threesome right there in Carly's house with his mother and Josslyn is an even bigger eye turner. Ewwww. When Lucas said both of the guys were sexy, I was like, since when?

Oh and Lucas had this long great talk with his sister Carly. He and Sami haven't interacted since he was shot months ago right?

wFLB2el.jpg?1

Why was this Extreme Gulp cup in every shot?

hL8j4gR.jpg?1

Why does he always have this stupid look on his face?

Can we please get rid of Brooklyn Brenda already? The character is BEYOND played out

ybledGF.jpg?1

Hated it!

• Members

Of course, Ron would say that.

I get the feeling his private life IS one big gay stereotype. The smarmy pop-culture references, the convos about having threesomes -- he doesn't see anything "wrong" with writing that stuff (and more), because that's exactly what he does IRL, and therefore believes all other gay men have the same preoccupations.

Archived