General Hospital August 2014 Discussion

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know you love the writer, you love the EP, you love the ratings... But you've never said what stories and characters you love? just curious.... What twists and turns over the past four months have kept you excited?

*edit* OK reading the other first three pages of this thread, I see that your reaction to questions about if you watch are "Nina is a delight! She is bringing buzz and ratings to the show!!"

Anyway, I was away for half a week, and am just catching up now. It's helping that I'm a bit umm, out of it while doing so.

Just on Friday's episode, but RC has (yet again) written himself into a bind with the Luke crap. Every fan thinks this must be Bill. So RC will probably reveal it's NOT, it's some new double (or a new brainwashing explanation,) or that it is. Either way, it is a pretty dismal reveal, and shows how badly he writes his more outlandish stories (to say nothing about the traditional ones) at the moment.

And please--kids blackmailing adults??

• Members
They said that the reason why Nathan is still in that apartment and hasn't moved out is bc Maxie has no job and therefore cant afford her rent. That was the excuse they came up to explain how contrived it is that he is living there with her and Kangaroo Dingbat when it makes no sense given how hostile their situation is

• Members

I started the eppy and turned if off [and headed straight for The X Files] when I saw FrankenTodd harboring a runaway child while the child's father is desperately looking for him.

Besides that being completely disgusting, there was nothing organic about the scenes. Someone has convinced themselves that Roger and children must share scenes because they are super duper wonderful and hilarious and moRon "wrote" something in to facilitate that. Then you have Nik being very cold towards FrankenTodd, which would work if this man was actually going thru the process of redemption. Roger is sort of playing 2 guys here. The boyfriend of Carly's that no one likes and the serial killer where everyone has forgotten he's a serial killer. Would somebody connect these damn plots, please!!!!!

FrankenTodd, without a real redemption story in Carly's house [and no opposition from Jax]? FrankenTodd working at the hospital with children and sick people? This just makes no sense.

I wanted to see Joss read Emmabitch, but I will have to get back to that at another time.

• Members

The Emma vs Joss showdown was LITERALLY the best thing about the show (which isnt a good thing in case you're asking)

The only otherr positive thing i can say about yesterday was that Kiki wasnt the most annoying character on screen. Which I couldnt imagine saying only 3 months ago.

Kiki reminds me more and more of Joey Potter from Dawson's creek in that she has the same anti-chemistry Katie Holmes is notorious for.

• Members

I just dont get the Spencer love.

I hate to pick on kid actors because they are just kids unable to bring texture and layers to their scenes the way adult actors would but the actor playing Spencer is just acting cute for the camera which makes him even more unbarrable.

I spent the entire time watching the show yesterday wishing Luke had ran Spencer over instead of Jake. Good thing I already know Im going to Hell because i feel like I just bought myself a one-way tickett there by saying that :P

Archived