Y&R: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If they cast Amelia Heinle or Michelle Stafford as Bianca on AMC I'd be saying the same thing. Bianca's around the same age range as Billy Abbott.

Can you see this dude having bedded Chloe? Or hanging out with J.T. and Mac?

• Members

Exactly. They're throwing out his entire history on the back of one storyline and one pairing that was marked by age/maturity differences from the start. It makes no sense, but that is because we all know the real reason this happen.

• Members

Easily and the same for Mac. Actually, it would have been harder to imagine the last Mac with DT Billy.

As I said before, I agree with Rhinohide that they have made a conscious decision to mature Billy. Sure, they did that because they couldn't get Billy Miller back, but so what? They've also made a conscious decision to go younger with the Phyllis recast.

I think this show has made it very clear that they don't feel the need to be consistent with age and they don't care about "age appropriate" relationships either. I guess I'm lucky that all three Billy actors have worked for me. I like watching women hook up with guys who are 20+ years older than them a lot less, but too bad for me. Y&R clearly does not have a problem with it and the Jack/Kelly/GTPhyllis triangle that is clearly coming, shows they are going to keep it up.

• Members

Who said he wasn't age appropriate? "Matured" is a nice was of saying they've aged the character, which they did. Just like they've been aging and de-aging characters for decades. Not sure why that's confusing in this particular case. I liked DT, I thought he was just fine in general and with Victoria.

I blame the backlash on the fact that they didn't rest the character for a few months before changing actors, but there isn't a whole lot any of us can do about that now. I also thought TPTB should have given DT more time, but they didn't. They have very clearly decided to go in a different direction with the character. Again, nothing that hasn't happened many times in the past. Hell, nothing that isn't happening with other characters on this very show, right now.

• Members

I think the main problem that some people have with BJ is that he looks older than 40 and he ages the character of Billy to be up to par with his sisters. Here's a list of some actors who were born the same year as BJ:

Jim Parsons

Omar Epps

Michael Ealy

Mario Lopez

Paul Walker (RIP)

Greg Vaughan

Adrien Brody

Brian Austin Green

Eddie Cibrian

Adam Scott

Jorge Garcia

Colin Egglesfield

Seth Macfarlane

Neil Patrick Harris

Boris Kodjoe

Nick Lachey

Seth Meyers

Carson Daly

Parry Shen

• Members

Jiliajms, great posts on this topic. Finally, a sense of reason.

Not sure what these guys have to do with anything.

• Members

KSJ looks EVERY BIT of 48. What does 48 look like if not him? Its not like that's old anyway. But my point was that Billy is not a contemporary of Neil. So he should not look Neil's age. 48 is young. Just not young enough to be Billy Abbot.

Archived