Y&R: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

Did I just make something up? I thought Stick told Christine that it would be "difficult" for Paul to father another child because of the transplant. I don't remember the reasoning because even with my limited knowledge of biology I'm fairly certain the liver has nothing to do with producing sperm. Maybe it was something to do with the medications he will have to take to prevent rejection. I can't remember honestly.

But I think Christine's problem really stems back to insecurity about Nikki and Paul and them having a child together will strengthen their connection. I don't recall Christine being so desperate and clingy before, but she is now.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And the same was true for MO's scenes with Ignatio S. I think both MO and RW should have been sharing more scenes with other actors who are stronger than themselves. RW's scenes with CK worked much better because she is at least competent as an actress and she was 'awake' for her scenes with him. She wasn't falling back on that giggly mess she often resorted to in her scenes with DG (although I see less of that now).

It would have been smart not to pair MO & RW together until they had proved to be stronger actors.

MCE has been the most impressive in the Quad of the Damned. She was worked with virtually anyone. She even showed chemistry in her scenes with Stitch. Taking her to a vixen has had a big payoff. Her character has become interesting, especially in contrast with the others.

• Members
Right. Just way too many onscreen miles to be younger than what LLB is herself. But 45 is not too old to want a kid. You see that a lot with a certain set. I can buy Chris wanting a baby. But Paul. No. But then again, this is a biproduct of this show's fixation with middle aged/older male leads.

• Members

IKR? When she came up with the baby deal I went Huh? when has she suddenly got intrested in having a baby?

It was a screaming PLOTPOINT that' when I knew for sure that Dylan would be Paul' son.

I think the story is more about Paul and Niki having (a fully grown) son together more than anything else for me...I realize he's too old for co-parenting and all that but its signficance and the impact of Ian not being the father of Niki' child...its corny but I just like the story and it is plausible that this could have happened; I usually don't like long lost storylines but Paul is so sweet; I'm happy for him. Also, I enjoy how Steve and Doug act off each other too.

.... now that Christine may be aced out of parenthood w/Paul is another variable in this scenario. IA Paul shouldn't want another kid at this stage of the game; but dramawise this is some angst (or something).

For some reason Ian and Victor scenes crack me up I like their acting dynamic too. So I enjoyed their scenes today.

• Members

That's cause we were only told about her conning and scheming but she got whitewashed quickly after she hit town. That whole doe eyed gal, lead into cons by evil Anita and Chloe mess writers peddled never washed. Chelsea should've always been a schemer. I enjoy her more now. The rest of this quad sucks.

• Members

The only time I think they take Bryton seriously not as a romantic lead but as a actor. Is when he's not an extra in Lily drama. So, I'm glad they are giving Devon his own drama.

For some reason they will never see Bryton as a romantic lead, maybe they still picture him as Richie or whatever his character name was on Family Matters.

• Members

To continue the Christine discussion from the previous page, I don't think Lauralee or her age is the problem, but they don't seem to understand where to place her. I feel putting her (or Nina) with Paul ages them because he just reads old. Maybe it's because they keep putting him in the same grouping with Nikki. I feel Christine should've been paired with Nick when she was dueling with Phyllis and right now I would like to see her chemistry-tested with other men around the canvas. Why not ever try her with Jack? Or Neil? Hell, even go younger and you could look at Dylan, Stitch, Tyler or Mason at a stretch? I feel Christine is viable, but they have to understand her first. If I were in charge I would get rid of Avery and let Christine reclaim her spot as an important heroine and the good lawyer for Genoa City.

They don't know how to look at their canvas and place the veterans as the key members of their age groups. Instead they will bring on newbies and bend everything to make THEM fit. That is not the purpose of a new character...

• Members

Hes 42 to be exact and yeah he looks way younger than that which always makes me laught when idiots are saying he looks too old to be paired with RC (lucas on GH). But the same idiots are saying that there is no way a "good-looking guy like RC would look twice at a guy like Parry".

Archived