Y&R: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

Bryton has definitely done an excellent job with this story. However, I have to agree that this show has never taken him seriously as a man. If they did, they wouldn't have EVER paired Hilary with Neil in the first place. Mind you, the show doesn't take Neil seriously as a lead either but at least they know he is a man.

The jury is still out on TPTB and Bryton. I hope for his sake, and that of the other young women they will cast in the future, that the show has had an awakening. Bryton has the goods. His pairing with Mishael seems better received than anything KSJ has managed to generate in the past 8 years that's for sure.

I guess we will see.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What makes you think so? They keep recasting the character, so they must have some interest in keeping Billy around. If they get rid of this Billy, I can only pray that they do give the character a rest before trying again. They should have done that before both of the recent recasts, imo. I'm sure they didn't want to derail the stories they were trying to tell with Billy, but they should have figured something out.

• Members

Oh. I think the show is trying with bryton right now. He has been all over the place in promotions. However, I dont think it with take much for them to sideline him. I will believe they are invested when I see it. Continue giving him story, airtime, and pairings. When they stop throwing every woman at Neil. I will believe it.

• Members

I just don't care for the Hilary character that much (and didn't they have Neil/Devon in similar storyline), but I don't think he looks pathetic either...I don't care for pining story lines not my favorite theme. I think its well acted by him though glad he's in a story ... I like seeing the guy. I especially liked when he pulled rank on Lily as long as you're employed here ... it shut her up for a minute.

• Members

I thought that Bryton was very charming in his scene with MO's Abby. But she is just so unappealing as an actress. I would hate for Bryton's rising star to become stagnant because of her the way she ruined Red/Tyler.

But Devon definitely needs to put forth the semblance of moving on. Th feelings are one sided in this and that can become tedious. Although I think Mishael infuses more into the scenes than is in the writing. She has made it clear that the pairing with Bryton is the one she wants.

As for not liking Hilary, the writing does her no favors. I still feel like i dont know her. Probably because her choices are unrelatable to me and the motives they have given her for said choices are lacking in simple reasoning. I just dont get it.

• Members

I'm not a huge fan of MO either. I think that she and Tyler ruined each other though. They are both pretty weak actors, so having a weak screen partner was a killer. Especially because so often it seems like both of them are giving all they've got to just remembering their lines. MO was much more natural in her scenes with Devon, it was striking to me. That doesn't mean that they should be together long term, but I do think Abby showing some interest in Devon would be a good thing. It might be the catalyst to get Hilary to feel jealous and move this situation along.

• Members

The reason Hevon still works right now is because Bryton is selling the [!@#$%^&*] out of this. I totally believe this man is completely in love. Hillary was on the right path until YR misdirected her towards Neil. She's now a weak ridiculous twat who can't make decisions w/o biting her fingernails. Nillary NEVER should have happened!!!!! Yeah, BJ is totally salvaging this story and he made me still want Hevon! MM? meh.

Who gets custody of Dylan is just the worst from Pissy/Shelly. Who gives a crap about Paul finding his 40 year old son? Why would anyone's life need to change here? Dylan and Paul get along fine. Feelings resurface over this? GMAFB! Then you have LLB trying to compensate for the lack of drama by wailing at Paul's bedside about a baby like an infant would compete with a 40 year old. How many onions did they need for LLB to force those tears? Not sure how many different ways this can be said, but there is absolutely NO drama here!

Lily is a stupid little child. Neil is a loser, still!

MCE is positively stunning, and she works better as a vixen. Screw absolution, girl, you were meant for greater things!

Stitch and Vicky aka Icky.

OpieBilly???! Sigh...

• Members
I agree that Abby taking an intetest in Devon would be good for the story. I wouldn't mind that at all actually. Would embrace it even. A friendship/pairing with her might give him an extra episode a week in airtime to support her Abbot drama. I will take it.

As for MO's scenes with Bryton being striking. I agree. But it was all him. He had a great camera angle that showed off his smile in the scene. He had an easy going indulgent demeanor which was totally different from how he usually plays Devon. It was all him. Abby was her usual annoying self.

• Members

Absolutely finding out you have an adult child would change a person's life in a lot of ways. I don't blame Christine one bit for being pissed off, although I hate her like I do Jen Deveroux on Days, so there's that. She's going to have to suck it up, but I can see why she doesn't want this sort of interference in her life. On a show like Y&R it's going to all come up roses, but IRL, I would be all kinds of pissed if I had a situation like this dumped on me. You may not have to change a 40 year old diapers, but it would still lead to upheaval, especially since she was expecting Paul to be focused on having a child with her.

• Members

I don't agree at all. Dylan is too old for folks to be clowning like this and Bug's fears are fake drama. If Dylan were a trouble making teen coming into their lives (Eve, Chelsea from Days), I would be behind you 100% but resurfaced feelings and dramatic life/priority changes over a 40 year old son is ridiculous. Paul and Dylan already get along, so there is nothing here but them bonding as father and son which is not impossible because they are friends. This might have worked better if Dylan were a law breaking hooligan that Paul hated.

• Members

I'm sure on this show Dylan would bring nothing but sunshine and joy to Paul and Chris. IRL, I would sure as hell resent the time, attention and resources that would be diverted from myself and the child I'm trying to have, to this stranger, if I were in Chris's position. Not to mention having Nikki stick her nose in my life every time something goes on with Dylan and lord knows Nikki will. I would actually love it, if Chris were resentful of the whole situation, but the show won't paint Chris as that kind of selfish. And while I do think it's selfish, I also think it's a very reasonable world view. No woman wants other people treading on her territory. Hell no.

Archived