Y&R: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

IMHO, DT was let go not due to looking younger or acting talent its that he didnt have what producers believe a male body should be on soaps. Someone who has no body fat and a six pack. That darkend love scene with Victoria proves that.

For me that is BS. DT probably looks more like the average american guy then a BJ or Robert Scott Wilson of DOOL

So they lied and said its because they recast Kelly BS

YR worries about small things like this and not fixing what is really wrong-Its writing

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Listen, guys, let's put all this rancor about the various Billys aside. I'm making my bi-monthly attempt to watch a full episode of this interminable show, and I'm really going to give this new fellow a shot.

Today on Emmy-winning Young and the Restless, starring fresh-faced newcomer Burgess Jenkins...

indiana-jones-and-the-last-crusade-you-c

• Members

Actually we are all stating our opinions, but is it so hard to just say you disagree? Without calling someone else's opinion bullshit? Or rubbish.

I think they could have done a lot of things with Miller's Billy that they cannot do with DT or BJ (BM and BJ are such unfortunate initials). I think Miller could have played more adult, or continued to play Peter Pan. Burgess Jenkins isn't very believable as the immature screwup, but I think he works if they're going to show Billy as maturing. I don't think David Tom could have pulled that off.

I am not trolling. I genuinely like the new Billy and I am really enjoying him with Chelsea. I couldn't help but feel a sense of relief as I watched their love scene yesterday that I was spared that with David Tom.

• Members

Could we please stop arguing about Billy when the MAJOR elephant in the room is - sorry folks, not getting into the old Amelia-bashing for once LOL! - Kelly...

It's hard to believe that Cady McClain is a veteran actress with such a strong track record because she is one the worst character to ever hit Y&R! Those whiney insecure then insta-uber happy lollipos and gigles acting choices of hers are totally in-line with now dreadful the character is written. It is nothing but painful to watch this. And the great twist Jean P. came up with to make the character interesting, enough already!? Can someone please tell me that the travesty is soon over and the character is faded out without ever to be heard of again??? Even running Kelly down with a car would be way too much effort. Just drop her.

• Members

I won't comment on Cady's performance. It's usually all about the writing. And the writing is just dull and lackluster. It's not bad or offensive. It's very Irna Phillips/Harding LeMay style. Long and slow...but Bill Bell's Y&R I would get so frustrated with because it was looong and slow...for years but a lot of it was entertaining and gripping. Most of what's on the screen isn't.

• Members

If they'd all been so "dull and lackluster" there would not be a genre left to speak of. This show, OTOH, is dull, lackluster, and bad - all, incidentally, relatively synonymous.

• Members

I was being pedantic just like Lemay and Bell's dialogue..

Snapper: This song playing on the radio, it reminds me of you ..

Chris: Our argument, it was a difficult time when that happened.

Jill: For the love of God old woman

Katherine: Dear God in Heaven.

Archived