Y&R: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only thing about Jack and Kelly is that keeping her means they might retire Jack as some romantic leading man. Something that should have happened 10 years ago at least.

The issue with Neil/Hilary/Devon is that no mater what motivations they give or how they twist the story, I still dont see why she latched on to Neil. Devon makes far more sense regardless!

• Members

The "truth"? No matter what she said, you and others would have a problem with it. Why you think she should say "We didn't like the other guy" is beyond me. NO executive responds that way, and she wouldn't have her job long if she did.

Why viewers think they deserve some special answers from CBS about the Billy recast, The Michael Muhney situation, or anything else is something I'll never understand.

With Burgess Jenkins, the show OBVIOUSLY went more mature -- and no, I don't mean old. BJ is NOT old no matter how many times angry viewers spit it out. Jenkins isn't Billy Miller, and isn't intended to be; they know they can't hire another BM, so they're literally taking the character in another direction.

Jenkins has good chemistry with MCE, and they showed it in today's episode. Sure didn't look too old for her in those scenes.

• Members

If BM had stayed they would have not have made Billy more Mature. So that mature reasoning is a crock of [!@#$%^&*]. BJ is not playing Billy more mature at all. And he does look older than Billy should be, Maybe if they would stop the extreme closeups of his face. The show is doing BJ no favors. Im sure he would rock the right role. However Billy Abbot is not the right role for him

• Members

I kind of miss Sophia too. I just felt that her sleeping with Neil was what killed the character for me. I grow tired of the Barber/Winters clan sharing spouses. I would've loved if the writers would've explored her working relationship with Tucker even more and had them rival Victor or Jack in the boardroom.

• Members

Sophia had chemistry with Cane, but she was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too young and she read far too young to be with Neil or Malcolm. At least Hilary has a certain maturity, but Sophia looked Julia Pace's age, which was 23. She should've been brought on as a friend of Lily and be treated as if she were Lily's age.

Archived