Y&R: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For my part, I really like NuBilly, just like I liked BM and DT. All of them fit the character from my perspective. Yes, the recast matures the character, but he doesn't look old to me at all, just like I never thought DT looked too young.

I also like CM as Kelly, although not quite as much as CW. I agree with those who feel the character lost that broken aspect, that was pretty realistic for someone who had lost a child.

• Members

I found David Tom and Billy Miller very similar in terms of look and overall style, but this new recast DOES feel older because that was the intention. Notice they didn't try to recreate Billy Miller (which I feel Tom is more in line with), then went more for of a Stitch-esque actor and obviously someone older to mesh better with Stitch and Victoria. In the long run this is going to be a huge, huge mistake.

• Members

Ok im sorry but that crap that DT was let go because he looked too young was BS

YR replaced him because he doesnt have a six pack and its disgusting thats what cost him the job

Most men dont have six packs and look mor like DT than BJ

• Members

This show is beyond boring right now, it's actually a chore to sit through.

1. Why make Dylan Paul's son? What purpose does it serve? There is absolutely no drama at all in that. Everyone likes Paul, everyone gets along with him - who really cares? I don't see how this does anything but tie that dull character to the canvas even more (which wasn't necessary)

2. This quad is painful (Victoria/Stitch/Chelsea/Billy) there is not an energetic actor in the bunch nor an interesting set up or potential for story. Does anyone really care about Stitch's secret? Did you care that he's Kelly's brother? Do you care whose kid Victoria is carrying? I don't care about any of it honestly. I also don't see chemistry between any of them (Stitch sparked more with Ashley and Nikki and BUJ hasn't been on enough). Oh and Kelly should have left when CW did because Cady isn't cutting it - at all.

3. Instaromance and true love beween Summer and Austin - again, who cares? The only potentially interesting part of this is Phyllis's reaction.

4. Sharon/Nick/Mariah, again, who cares? I don't care who this girl is or her connection to Ian. Is there a reason I should?

The most interesting story on this show might be Neil/Hilary/Devon.

• Members

I don't watch any longer but I agree with all of this. The story that really gets me is the Paul/Dylan thing. I don't understand how anyone can believe this is an interesting story when both men get along, Dylan is 40 and no one's life really needs to change. Do Paul and Nikki bond while changing Dylan's diaper? GMAFB!

• Members

I don't mind Dylan as Paul's son, I actually think Paul is the character who will benefit from this. One you hit a certain age having a kid on a soap is one of the main ways to stay relevant. All attempts to bring back Heather seem to have failed, so at least now Paul has another son to have some scenes with. Watching him have sex with Christine was already getting old.

• Members

That was the first thought that came to mind when I saw BJ too!

Of that dreadful Quad, I do think that MCE is trying the most. It's too early for me to get a read on how/if she will make things work w/ BJ but I felt she made things work with BM and I was surprised how well she and DT worked together.

The Jack and Kelly pairing is going Nowhere. Does anyone else feel that the writers are just marking time until Phyllis returns?

At least Doug Davidson is getting something to do? I guess?

Devon and Hillary are probably the most interesting thing going, not really for the writing though. The writers should have made Mason a factor instead of writing him off as a grifter. Having Neil in there...there's no payoff for me. They've turned Hillary into an insecure housewife already, wanting to pop out babies and hang on to her man. The only glimmer of interest is that her motives are for all the wrong reasons.

What irks me is that some will now claim the ratings drop is due to no BM, MM nor MS but their absences just remind me that Y&R spent so much focus on them that they hardly know how to write decent stories for the rest of the cast.

Archived